RSS Sharkman’s Megalodon and Great White pumps look strikingly similar to Tunze Stream

Discussion in 'RSS Feeds' started by MASA Admin, 12 Nov 2012.

1. MASA Admin

MASA Admin Moderator

[​IMG]

The Megalodon and Great white pumps from “Sharkman” are a pair of powerful prop pumps from China with more than a little bit in common with the Turbelle Stream pumps from Tunze. The ball shape, spheroid holder-mount and even the breakaway shots of the Shrakman Megalodon pump shows components that share an uncanny similarity with the spherical Tunze Nano Stream and Stream 2 pumps. A couple of videos coming from China’s big event called CIPS (China International Pet Show) demonstrate the 45w Megalodon’s 13,000 lph (3432 us gph) flowrate with enough oomph to push a good size wave in a three foot long*aquarium.*

Sharkman also makes a smaller version of the DC controllable propeller pump called the Great White which pushes a maximum 8000 lph (~2100 us gph) while consuming 22 watts. In addition to borrowing Tunze’s design for the general function of the pump, the Megalodon and Great white pumps both seem to be mounted with a suction-cup reinforced magnet like Hydor’s Korallia pumps. While this kind of magnetic mount may be sufficient for some models of Korallia pumps we lack confidence that this will hold up stronger pulsing DC pumps when mounted on glass above a reasonable thickness for the size of aquariums which would benefit from so much flow.

Besides a landing page for Sharkman pumps not much else information is available about their Megalodon and Great White pumps. If history is any indicator, if the price of Sharkman pumps is low enough some consumers in the US will buy them first and performance, noise and longevity issues will be sorted out (or learned about) after the fact. [via Acuaristica]

Click here to view the embedded video.

[​IMG]

Readers also viewed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Click here to read the article...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

It must be a mistake.
    I cant believe the Chinese would willfully copy another manufacturers design ????

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

true that

5. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

They do it already, copy some cars. Check these out, they are not scared.

bentley copy.jpg

bmw copy.jpg

6. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

Now that Geely I would buy !

7. crispin

crispin

but not the pumps.....come on a great white thats reef safe (although by the sound of those attachments i doubt this one is reef safe either....or that your reef is safe from the pump) would be great to have in home aquariums.

id get one on the name alone:) NOT;)

8. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

Wirh the vast array of cheap chinese trash coming into SA and our hobby, i suppose its only a matter of time before there are on some lfs shelves? Would it even be legal to sell these in SA.

9. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Yeah, that's what I want know too @Anita?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  10. Anita

Anita Sponsor

I will get back to you about this, TUNZE do have a patent on their pumps but we do not know how it would affect us in SA.......

11. Anita

Anita Sponsor

Axel Tunze has said that this is shocking, there is a patent on TUNZE in USA and Europe,
    he is going to look into it. Unfortunately, there is no patent in SA but I can't see them making and selling them only in SA. Whatever happens they will not be anything like our TUNZE pumps. Will keep you informed of any other info...... Anita

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts