hey hey
here are the plans for my next project .hopefully redy dy year end

an out door shark pond :

volume
16000l

dimensions
fairly curvy around 4.5m x 3.5m im high

filteration
6 fluidized beds with 20 kilos aragonite in each with 12000l circulation in each
2m diy glass skimmer 20 000 l circulation
300kg diy livr rock
beach sand dsb along entire bottom

heating
looking into industreal heaters

lighting
natural sunlight

water moovement
3 x swimming pool pumps closed loop

live stock
3 x black tips
1 x bamboo
1 x wobby
1 x bulldog shark
3 x stimgrays
grunter
rockod
gurnard

construction
the pond will be concrete 20cm wide walls with 2 x side viewing panels of 60cm x 1m deep . all concrete will be coverd in fiberglass ,there will be a 1m waterfall acting as a trickle filter in the left rear .

cover
for leavs there will be a fine netting over it and a insilating plastic cover for night ,storms or dusty days

your views welcome

thanks

calcin

this sounds interesting calvin.will love to view your project on completion

for sure as soon as my 2500l is running and happy ill start on the pond

Well this certainly promisses to be a very interesting project indeed !

interesting indeed!! dont judge it yet i still am not 100% sure of how well it will work ? im sure the volume however will acomidate the sharks quite well

you can come swimming if you like mekaeel

nsw with a massive auto top up as the evaporation out doors will be enormous!

Hi Calvin,

I was talking to Jan earlier and i'm a bit concerned about your choice of live stock... are you sure its safe? :whistling: Arent they very territorial? I have read that Black Tips (and Black Reef Tips) are known for their breaching...

Just wondered

Sounds cool Calvin...

Welcome bubbless...

Sounds cool Calvin. But how the hell are you going to fill it? Aren't you in PMB?

This one I have to see!! Calvin plz don't be shy on the pics. Also i'll speak to the guys in PTA and get back to you on Monday.

Filling it will be intersting. Looking forward to this one!!

he he was thinking id get some funny replies. i have researched this a lot ! and it appears the worst thing that can happen with my fish choice is the black tips might munch the smaller guys

oh filling wil be easy 16 trips to durbs

What about using pool sand filters with the pumps and replace the sand with another medium? The advantage of this is you can backwash the filter, removing detirus and do a water change at the same time. I have been thinking of using this on a Koi pond and replacing the sand with 6mm gravel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom