Shark Lab introduction :)

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Meag McCord from the SA Shark Conservancy (SASC) - a small marine research laboratory & education centre based in Hermanus.

SASC is running a campaign called Pimp the Shark Lab, which raises funds/equipment to help us revamp our flow-thru shark tanks & marine touch tank (which we haven't been able to upgrade since 2007). In addition to running 15 research projects, our mandate is to provide free experiential education on oceans & conservation to as many people as possible through interactions with our endemic shysharks & other local marine fauna. Currently more than 3000 people visit our Shark Lab every year... and they absolutely LOVE our sharks! :thumbup:

I am hoping the members on this forum might be able to help us; specifically through donations of equipment and expertise for building AMAZING systems which will help us improve the way we conduct research & educate people about the importance of our oceans.

Any help you can offer would be most greatly appreciated!

For more info about us, check out South African Shark Conservancy | Shark research, Internships, Education & Conservation.

Thanks so much for your time!

WELCOME!

Were in Hermanus are you?

Been going there all my life and never knew you existed.

Hi All!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome :). You are always welcome to visit our lab. We are situated in the Old Harbour at the Old Harbour Museum in town centre. Unfortunately we aren't open on weekends, but are open during school holidays. The only time we close is for 2 weeks over Christmas. We don't charge entry for visitors, so feel free to pop in any time. Operating hours are from 07h30-16h30, with tours for the public on weekdays at 10h00-11h00 & 14h00-15h00. Shark feeding takes place on Monday's, Wednesday's & Friday's.

Back
Top Bottom