[wtd] Shark Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is something I haven't seen in ages.
Would be great to know if there are shops that still stock this kind of thing

There is a non sponsor in the westrand that is part of a plant nersory close to mc donalds on ontdekkers that had 1 egg the other day. I think it was a bamboo shark. Not sure if it's still there or the price

PETSTOP SA have. I bought mine from them. Hvae had it for a month now and should hatch soon. Paid R495 for the Bambo shark egg. They had a few there.

I think they do shipping as well.

I was looking at the prices of the hatched sharks and they 3-4 times more than the egg.

Mo Send me a PM and we can chat offline.

How brig do they grow ?

Can you have them in a medium sized reef tank with other species ?

@r0ckf1re

They need to be kept in a 200g minimum tank atleast with fine substrate as they are very prone to getting diseases. Do you research on the shark before buying one or think of getting an egg. Also they more for the expert guys who have been in the hobby for a longer period of time not that im saying you are a newbie as i have not idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi r0ckf1re

Did you find what you were looking for? Im also keen on keeping a shark. either hatch the egg or get the already hatched shark.

Hi r0ckf1re

Did you find what you were looking for? Im also keen on keeping a shark. either hatch the egg or get the already hatched shark.
Hi @ScubaLover22, I was just asking out of interest and after the advice I've decided I can't keep one just yet. My tank is way to small at 47 gallons.

Good luck.

Hi @ScubaLover22, I was just asking out of interest and after the advice I've decided I can't keep one just yet. My tank is way to small at 47 gallons.

Good luck.

I bought 2 eggs about a month and a half ago. One is coming soon as there is not much space left in the egg and the embryo is depleted. Yeah 47 gallons wont be sufficient. Even the recommended size will eventually be too small imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom