Share Your experience: Bio Elite Anti Ich

Shawn1937

BandedBoxer
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would like to find out if there is any reefers out there that have experience dealing with ich using bio elite anti ich. I want to try and focus this thread on the product.

Please share your experience and recommendation on the product. If it worked or did not work for you.

Thanks

I found peroxide dosing (to increase ORP, need to go check dosage, but normal Dischem bottles), UV sterilizer and 10 micron filter socks much more efficient at reducing parasite numbers. No ‘reef safe’ medication that will kill parasites but not cause other issues in a reef.

I seem to recall hearing something about the Bio-Elite being tea tree oil, but can’t remember exactly now. I used it on my one fw planted tank for ws, but it did nothing, at least in fw you can use paraguard with plants and shrimp and it kills the fw white spot parasite. It is almost impossible in marine to completely get rid of white spot unless you leave your tank without fish for 76 days. My fish have been living with white spot since 2014, and I only rarely see spots, mostly new fish that gets a few until they have built up immunity. Still a very good idea to qt any new fish, white spot is manageable, but other diseases like brooklynella or velvet will kill your fish very fast.

Back
Top Bottom