Shane's tank setup

Reaction score
My setup so far. The lighting hood is a standard 4 foot fitting with 4 T5 lamps including ballast's.As you can see I have installed a C2C with a centre outlet through the back glass.The 2 blue pipes in the picture are the return from the sump.
well I hope these pictures come out as this is my first time trying to up load pictures.
Any comment .
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi, the pics did not seem to make it :p The setup sounds nice in words :)

Hey Kanga,
I have followed your instructions but when I hit hte host it button my picture does not appear and I can't load the pics.I have the pics saved as jpg's is that a problem?
Cheers

Shane, I think the problem is that your pics are too big. Either in dimensions or filesize or both. If you can, try get them to about 50K or 640x480 or thereabouts. Let us know if you come right.

14947c2795fb9cf3.jpg
4 foot light fitting
14947c279ec7cb26.jpg
centre outlet and C2C
14947c27a3dc8c3c.jpg
C2c and return pipes
14947c27a240c892.jpg
full tank shot and stand
14947c2798dc8404.jpg
Top of light fittinghttp://www.marineaquariumsa.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1226http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1227

shane's tank

Thanks guys,
I am not to sharp when it comes to these computers,more of a mechanical hands on type of guy. I am in serious nee of computer skills,but I finally have my pictures on the web and it feels good.Please feel free to comment about the C2C and outlet now while the tank is empty if anyone can foresee any problems.
Cheers

Shane, I dont know if I am seeing this right, but I would add a pane maybe 15 mm on top of the C2C where the red lines are (blue being the water level)

and make sure it level and your set to go.:thumbup:

Nice lighting, what you using for a skimmer?

6547c2903ec3da8.jpg

Hi Kanga,
My fault monday morning photography,I do have a strip of perspex across the c2c.It is set to give a depth of 20 mm across the c2c.The strip was cut 25mm wide but after siliconing it on the 6 mm c2c I ended up with the depth.I am planning on a TS3 reeftek skimmer,but funds a little tight right now. I am at the point where I need to decide what to do about water movement.
Option 1:get 2 seio's in each corner
Option 2:drill back glass and add a CLS. I have a OM 4 way and a spare no name pump(6500 lp hour).The thought is still out there.
With regards the lighting I am also thinking of installing 1 150 watt MH in that lighting fixture and perhaps moon lights
Cheers

Perfect with the overflow then:thumbup:

TS3 is great, if you have the OM4 then go closed loop. and maybe one or 2 pumps in the display as well

Sounds like a good plan.
Need to start planning the next step.
Cheers

One thing about the outlet pipes, what are you planning to do to reduce the noise? Have you considered a Durso type outlet?

Hi Moz,
Yes I have considerrd using a durso standpipe on the outside of the tank. Right now all that you see is the bulkhead fitting going through the back glass,this will flow down to the sump. The 2 blue pipes are my return pipes from the sump and each will have a T piece at the end of them,with each tee piece having a 45* bend on the either side to distrubute water behind the rock work.I am not sure just yet if the 2 return pipes should be connected to my scwd.
Cheers

Looks great Shane :thumbup:

Keep the updates rolling ;)

Thanks for all the complements guys. I installed the 2 return pipes last night with the "t's" and 45* bends. I next project is to get the glass and make the sump to fit inside the stand on the lower level. I will keep you guys updated.
Cheers

Sounds like a fair amount of DIY thats going on there:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom