Setting up LR on stands

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
I couldnt find anywhere that would show photos of setting up LR on diy stands.So here goes my feeble first attempt.

Right side of tank

Have a look under photos,general for bigger pics and more from the start of building the stands.Tell me what you think

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
67247c15a8353303.jpg
Ok,i think im getting the hang of it(uploading photos)Sorry about the bad lighting I haven't set up my T5s yet.Im still waiting for the ballasts.

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
Why do you want to put LR on stands??
Are you a "argitec"???:p

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
apparently it aids for the flow around the LR,but for me it means I dont have to waste good expensive LR by using it as a support at the bottom of a pile.It also makes it much easier to design the shape reef you want

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
Mostly.But the coraline growth will take care of the small bits that remain visual.Whats great is that the arag at the bottom will always be free from being compacted.All the little bugs and stuff can move quite freely through all the arag.

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
why don't you add some more arag, or do you have a DSB in your sump?

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
yip.Got a DSB.BUt the arag is all bunched up in the corner and stuff.I still need to even it out.Should be about 2 to 3cm when im done

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
That attempt is anything but feeble!! Looks great!

Last edited:

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
That attempt is anything but feeble!! Looks great!
Thanks Galibore.I ran out of elows,Tees and LR,so only managed to do a bit on the left and right of the tank.I'll have to make a plan tomorrow to get some more

Last edited by a moderator:

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Great looking aquascaping goodisor. Your inverts are going love those caves and overhangs

goodisor

Clownfish
Reaction score
AWESOME Goodisor! I am impressed! Great for a first try. Now - if you can just get some star-polyps or zooanthids to grow on those piping, then it would be hidden away forever!
Sounds like a good idea.I will have most of the pipe hidden bt LR in the end though.

should have called got a bit of stock
Thanks Sean,but I worked until like 12 last night and the whole morning today just about,so to avoid divorce it was probably a good thing i ran out:)