Seriously Nice Tank

Reaction score
this is a stunning tank i picked up off the net at www.pinoyreefers.org

cpfarm1.jpg

(Supermoo note: Found it on this page but no link to the setup thread: http://pinoyreefers.org/viewtopic.php?t=82)

Last edited by a moderator:
ah good question, i searched google images for "nice FOWLR tanks" and the second pic showed a tank at an angle, i opened it scrolled down and BOOM, there it was

That is beautiful, wow - looks so clean
00020149.gif

Geesh, that's beautifull!!!!

Awesome! I wonder what the coral feeding regime is like, as I see quite a few very healthy non photosynthetic corals there on the left!

This must be a HUGE tank - if you look at how far away the shoal of chromis looks.... also - they average about 4 to 5cm - so if you see what their size looks like in the photograph - the tank is REALLY HUGE!

just remember this is a softies dominated system, so no SPS corals here.

jacques-i agree, this thing must be massive. also do u think the glass at the back is painted or is it just so deep it looks black?

I am not sure about the "back glass panel" - BUT, I did look at the silicone lines going backwards as well (the left hand glass panel)..... This goes back QUITE a bit....

This is a cube of seemingly (possibly) 1.3 to 1.5 metres squared....

This is a faaaaar more difficult tank to maintain in its present condition than an SPS tank. It looks amazing so far, interesting to see if they can keep those corals alive.

This is a faaaaar more difficult tank to maintain in its present condition than an SPS tank. It looks amazing so far, interesting to see if they can keep those corals alive.

curious comment there BOB (ps your builders crack is showing!) why do you say that you think this would be a difficult tank to maintain in thise condition, any specifics, or is it just the selection of corrals he has running?

i love the photo, its a difficult shot to get right using the reflection of the surface to mirror the interior as the internal flow normally puts paid tp a shot like that. So what ideas do you guys have on the internal flow that he is running without it disturbing the surface area? any ideas?

i think it looks awesome! i had this kind of thing in mind when i was thinking about getting a tank. but i guess when you dont have the same size you cant do the same kind of thing, unless its just a miniature version

Back
Top Bottom