Sera Bio Nitrivec

cybervic

Damsel
Reaction score
Hi, have any of you ever used Sera Bio Nitrivec to lower nitrates?

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Nope never used it, if you have a nitrate problem a DSB or refugium with some sort of sea weed is the way to go.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I agree Alan - I would rather have my nutrients (water) taken care off naturally..... anything synthetic you put in your water changes the water chemical balance TOO quickly.... That's why a DSB is perfect. Things happen slow enough to the life-stock not to notice it.... BUT, once a DSB works, it works VERY well, on a constant basis...

cybervic

Damsel
Reaction score
Hehe, I know but sometimes a quick solution is needed while you wait for the sandbed to mature. Anyways they are using this in the lobster tanks at some restaurants to keep the nitrates low, and it seem to work. I've ordered some and will test it in a 120l tank with one or to corals and artificial high nitrates (Calcium nitrate would hope fully raise calcium and the nitrates)

Will let you guys know on the outcome

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
The amount of bacteria in a bottle is less than you would find on one piece of LR.

Reaction score
Bio nitrivec

It says for freshwater aqariums,but the owner of pet store gave it to me for my saltwater tank. Is this for both or did he give me the wrong product?

fishguy

Copepod
Reaction score
Ive used it on all my tanks and it works pretty well actualy, not as efficient as special blend
but does gradually bring down nitrates

Reaction score
I use special blend but they stopped selling it at my local pet store.now I have to order it on line along with nite out 2 which is awesome. I just want to know if this product can be used in salt water.