Senior Citizens

What age do you consider a senior citizen in a reeftank? As sad as it sounds most folk pull out of the hobby before the 2 year mark, its only us addicts that stick around longer than that.

Mmmm, 5yr old sand nenny, 5yr old clam size of rugby ball, 5yr old yellow tang, 5yr old colony of frogspawn, 2yr old Achilles tang....would they qualify? Lights are off at the moment so cant take pics will do a photo shoot this weekend as the tank is looking good again after a rest from the hobby and i must admit i have been doing the bare minimum. Started with my maintenance routine again so can take photo's, at one stage couldn't see through the front glass.........we all need a break now and again.

These are pics of my departed Gramma (RIP) We shared eight years together, but the move to Sunburst was to much. He died in July 2007, seven months after the move to his new home. He simply stopped eating, and i could visibly see his discomfort in his new home. These are some pics after the move.
7-4.jpg

7-2.jpg

OK, here is one of my first corals, after having it in my tank for a bit more than 10 years:

1094892a8361f09e.jpg

And this is what it looked like in February 1998, just after I bought it...

1094892a8eb6f0cf.jpg

Hennie

Mmmm, 5yr old sand nenny, 5yr old clam size of rugby ball, 5yr old yellow tang, 5yr old colony of frogspawn, 2yr old Achilles tang....would they qualify? Lights are off at the moment so cant take pics will do a photo shoot this weekend as the tank is looking good again after a rest from the hobby and i must admit i have been doing the bare minimum. Started with my maintenance routine again so can take photo's, at one stage couldn't see through the front glass.........we all need a break now and again.

Alan, please don't forget the photo shoot you promised ;)

Doesnt Malafrica have some 13 odd year old fish?

What age do you consider a senior citizen in a reeftank? As sad as it sounds most folk pull out of the hobby before the 2 year mark, its only us addicts that stick around longer than that.

This is quite disappointing to hear

This hobby needs constant attention, its not hard to believe

Okay took a few pics today and my photography skills are still up to maggots, anyway here 2 pics to start off, the others didn't come out so lekker, will try take some more during the week.

RIMG0097-1.gif

RIMG0105-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom