Seneye is here

Hi lIghty

The Seneye is a very new product so there isnt that much literature available at the moment.

I have my Seneye running side by side with a SAGA temp and PH monitor.

When first placed in the tank the Seneye was out on Temp by 0.2 compared to my SAGA.

The PH was out 0.06 i will be calibrating my SAGA on the weekend to see if its correct.

I have sold three units already one to Cclarity and one to Fly and i have had very good feedback from both reefer.

The technology is not new at all the Seneye works on the same principle as the Hanna checkers.

Hope this helps.

Lastly

T.S.R. Offers a 7 Day moneyback gaurantee on all there products so if you are not happy with the Seneye just bring it back for a refund before the 7 Days are up.

Last edited:
Hi Marius

The slides give the following

Lighting monitor
Ammonia
Ph
Online access to Seneye .me
alerts sms and email.

Even as a basic ph monitor the slides are decent value, throw in the Ammonia and all the light meters and i think they are well worth the purchase.

You will also be able to check the following extra perameters soon on the device,

KH, GH, nitrates, nitrites and chlorine. with more functionality to follow

works on a similar principle to the Hanna checkers if i am not mistaken.

Maybe we can do a good deal for you if you throw in some nice Zoa frags :)

Does this mean you need to buy an upgraded device that can monitor these?

You will not need to buy a upgraded device to monitor KH, GH, nitrates, nitrites and chlorine.

it will be a add on to the existing device.

I bought mine on Friday so the slides have settled in and im getting stable readings now. All in all a really cool device and tbh I can see it turning this industry upside down :)

@Quintin, have they released the app yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
@rakabos

The slides, as far as I can gather, are litmus paper that a laser takes a reading from. You can actually see the laser working at night when all the lights are out :) So yes they get used up after a month and then you need to replace them. Its why you need to soak the slides for 48 hours before changing them out, its too ensure the slides are on the same parameters as your tank when they go in otherwise you'll get some mad swings on the monitoring side :)

I've found it very useful on the lighting side where individually my lights were in the right spectrum, but added together the entire spectrum was swaying from the blue spectrum into the green, this would explain the GHA bloom i've been having since I added the new T5's. So i've put in the Actinics again and the spectrum is back to normal. Also im seeing a spike in my NH4 levels (NH3 is fine) after I feed (well it pulls up in the morning) so I have a feeling (actually I know) i've been feeding too much so i'll start cutting back on that.

So its really been a useful device so far. Both these parameters I wouldve never realised without it. Its just not something I was ever able to see before.

Cant wait for them to initialise the other parameters.

Where I think this device is really going to change things is manufacturers claims. You'll easily be able to test lights and their PAR and spectrum claims. You'll also be able to test if say, Stability or Prime, are doing their job and whether or not say, over feeding Coral Food is affecting your tank. I have color changing LEDs in my tank which I can shift to 16 individual colors including RGB. I can tell you the light meters pretty damn accurate when you run just red, or blue, or yellow. You can actually see it spiking exactly where you would expect.

Slides are what monitor the PH and Ammonia they last 30 Days.

Dude.
Keep me one.
Will pop over today to collect.
But only bringing enough cash to buy this or else the bank manager is going to kill me.
Every time I go to you I end up spending a fortune..... :whistling:

@fly*, please post a pic of what it looks like in your tank, if you don't mind.

Ok so connectivity seems the pain at the moment. You need to have it hooked up to a pc to get any realtime readings.

Any idea when the wifi device will be available?

I am still concerned about the issues some US based guys had where they said they started to get a swing in parameters as the month came to an end. If I remember correctly the guy said that the PH started to drop and the ammonia started to increase as the slide got closer to the 30 days. Once he replaced the slide all his parameters were back to normal.

Will be interesting if you guys get the same issues.

Where I think this device is really going to change things is manufacturers claims. You'll easily be able to test lights and their PAR and spectrum claims.

Not necessarily as their claims would be made under strict lab conditions. Remember that the clarity of the water in our tanks (which is up to us to control) will have in impact on the PAR and spectrum readings. And if we have a slight discolouration then it will give different results to the manufacturers claims.

Ok so connectivity seems the pain at the moment. You need to have it hooked up to a pc to get any realtime readings.

Any idea when the wifi device will be available?

So the Wifi version is not out yet?

I am still concerned about the issues some US based guys had where they said they started to get a swing in parameters as the month came to an end. If I remember correctly the guy said that the PH started to drop and the ammonia started to increase as the slide got closer to the 30 days. Once he replaced the slide all his parameters were back to normal.

Will be interesting if you guys get the same issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly*
Where I think this device is really going to change things is manufacturers claims. You'll easily be able to test lights and their PAR and spectrum claims.

Not necessarily as their claims would be made under strict lab conditions. Remember that the clarity of the water in our tanks (which is up to us to control) will have in impact on the PAR and spectrum readings. And if we have a slight discolouration then it will give different results to the manufacturers claims.

I dont know hey, just from the spectrum side the meter is pretty damn accurate. I wasnt expecting it tbh, I was expecting more gentle curves than spikes when I ran the RGB test yet I got spikes. If I switched on all the lights and added say more blue, you could see it raise in that spectrum and dip in say the red, same for red and green. I cant really comment on PAR values ans i've never had any experience with PAR meters but I can tell you waht, its gonna give a lot of manufacturers grey hairs :) I say this with respect, but you have always been a cynic Marius and I can partly appreciate that, at this price point and for what it delivers its a really cool device.

On the parameter shifts, I think that what people really need to get is that this is a warning device more that a scientific measuring device. Its meant to warn you of sudden parameter shifts as thats what kills creatures. Am I going to be concerned that my PH is slowly dipping over a few days, sure but not as much as I would if it dropped completely and that's what the Seneye will warn you of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom