Selling Items

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Ross, 29 Jul 2008.

1. Ross

Ross

Hey Guys

I was just wondering how guys have handled selling stuff on the forum.

I am in the process of selling a skimmer to Scuba Ninja. He is in Durbs and I am in JHB.
    I can understand that he is not keen to pay before he receives the items and he can understand that I will not send the items before I get paid. (I have been burned for a lot of money in the past with this kind of thing)

What is the best way to handle this?

Ross

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Ross - let him pay a deposit and then let him pay the rest on delivery, ask the post office courier service about COD.... or perhaps do the whole thing COD?

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

BTW: Most of the time the reefers just trust each other....

5. seank

seank

:lol: :lol: :lol: Since when:razz: , Rory is still waiting for his money:whistling:

6. Ross

Ross Thread Starter

It is not going post office, I am delivering to his aunts company and they are taking care of it to save him a few bucks.

Suppose I should have taken half and then waited till he got the goods. Never thought about that.

7. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Ross,it is tough,but every sale done,was done on pure trust.

8. Andreas

Andreas

yip have to agree with Mek.It comes down to trust.maybe check previous posts of the seller buyer to check if he's reliable.Maybe even speak to other reefers who have been on the forum longer for some advice about the buyer/seller.

Happy buying and selling:)

9. Andreas

Andreas

btw you could've at least toitoid outside his aunts premises:lol:

10. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

It is about trust, but more often then not, the money before the goods. Thats how i've handled most things (both buying and selling) :)

11. scubaninja

scubaninja

Being new to this site its understandable to be a bit nervous, but seeing as everybody knows everybody here(basically), except for newbies, basing it all on trust isnt too bad. I spoke to mekaeel about this and as he has just said on this page, its about trust, so there is a risk, but like if thats the way things are done here its the way and i'm happy to keep to that, kind of, even though paying half before and after maybe a possibly safer option. This is a good site and if there was someone here who was just out to scam people i'm sure we would(eventually) know that he/she is this way and not deal with them and take further action. So like this site being an online community type thing, trust is the main thing, so thats what we should do hey? So its all good in the hood ey?:slayer:

12. ben lloyd

ben lloyd

and if he take off we will hunt him down!
    ;)

13. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

trust.. very few places can say that they trade on that basis anymore but i am happy to say that its sorta the norm around here.. obviously be careful and perhaps suss out the potential people you may purchase from before making a purchase.. (difficult i know) unfortunatley where theres money theres trouble... i personally feel the pay first and then recieve is the way to go... delivery in one piece is a whole nother issue on its own. good luck guys im sure this will be a good deal.

14. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

What you can do is send it COD (cash on delivery) via normal parcel mail at the post office, will cost about R50-R100 for delivery and takes 4 to 5 days.

Recent Posts