Seio Tunze Mod

Reaction score
Mod Mike:) once mentioned that reefers in the UK were moding:baffled: their Tunze's by removing alternate pump grid bars. I decided to to attempt the same on a seio. The results were positive. Here the pics before and after

Before
IMG_4302-1.jpg

Before
IMG_4303-1.jpg

Before
IMG_4308-1.jpg

After
IMG_4318-1.jpg

After
IMG_4409-1.jpg

Tunze Mod as per Mod Mike
IMG_4403-1.jpg

Reaction score
Mmmm... Even just a clean would have helped you a lot. :)

That is some awesome coralline growth.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I'm surprised you could even find your pumps :tt2:

So how's the flow, is there a noticeable increase?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Cool, camoflaged pumps:)

how'd the mod go? do you notice better flow?

Reaction score
Mmmm... Even just a clean would have helped you a lot. :)

That is some awesome coralline growth.
:lol:Yea but now i dont have to clean as often:D

I'm surprised you could even find your pumps :tt2:

So how's the flow, is there a noticeable increase?
:1yes:

and does it make a difference?
:yes:

Cool, camoflaged pumps:)

how'd the mod go? do you notice better flow?
:thumbup:The photos were of the underrside of the pump, which was not visible until it had been removed. I did this mod to the two Tunzes which were nearly as bad, and three Seios. The difference as in movement is extreme.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I think that I will definitely also do this - once I can find some time over the next few weekends..... next time I clean my tank, I will remove my SEIO's and cut out some of the intake vents.....

Reaction score
Cool mod sunburst:)What did you use to cut it with?Wouldn't a soldering iron have worked better?
With the Tunze i used a hammer and screw driver. Piece of old takkie. The Seio however was a little more robust:err: i used a dremel. But i soldering iron sounds like a great idea.
Perhaps my ReSun's can also do with these mods...... Let's see.... when I have the time next....
Funny...i did my one Resun today. Used wire cutters. Was simple.

A word of caution though. My fish are all pan size:). Smaller fish, especially with the Tunze run the risk of been consumed

Reaction score
Would snails be consumed by the Seios ?
I doubt it, although if one did it would just be spat out again. All my fish are continually pecking at the pumps and they don,t seem threatened. I watched a cushion star negotiating the pump, no sweat.

Reaction score
How much of a difference would you say the mod makes sunburst as i have 2 M1500's waiting for a new tank and i would love to mod them in the meanwhile?

Reaction score
Apologies for the late response. As you can imagine the before and after was huge. Especially after i did all Seios. But an interesting observation, after doing my Resun waver mod it started sucking water from the surface. Like a big ssshhlurp. Like milkshake shlurp. The mountings remained exactly the same ie the deepest you can drop it. Turbulence at the surface also became a lot more intense.

The reason i did the mod was to avoid the irritation of constantly cleaning, but i do believe there has been an improvement.