Sean's Freshwater Fishtank

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
This is my other Babies, had them for a couple of years and hopefully will have them for some more years to come. No full tank shot as front glass was a bit dirty on the outside(waterspilling etc). Have different coloured Malawi's and the 02 Oscars as well as some "Cleaner Fish" and an Eel inside the tank. Will update some time- I know how you guys just LOVE Freshwater fish....LoL

oscarblack.jpg

oscarwhite.jpg

oscarMalawi.jpg

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, wow Sean, they are beauties, i am currently re doing my little fw tank, so i will put up a couple of pics, nice one dude

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
They are very cool and not as agressive as oscars and malawis, i think you get 3 tipes i only have two tipes the silver one and one that is a bit redish.
They seem to get along fine with bala sharks, silver dollars, paratfish and rainbow sharks.
They are very piecefull and only swim from side to side.:yeahdude:
o ja and they grow very fast.

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
They are very cool and not as agressive as oscars and malawis, i think you get 3 tipes i only have two tipes the silver one and one that is a bit redish.
They seem to get along fine with bala sharks, silver dollars, paratfish and rainbow sharks.
They are very peacefull and only swim from side to side.:yeahdude:
o ja and they grow very fast.
Don't have that word in my Vocabulary- like the non- peaceful, impatient fish...:lol:

did you see the pic's
Yip, but more talking about info/behaviour etc..

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
eat and swim?
i'll read a bit up on them and let you know later.

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
Thanks Lanzo.... I know they eat and swim...LoL.. Unlike Kanga that Drink and Walk...LoL again

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
Tinfoil Barb
Family: Cyprinidae
Size: 35cm
Diet: Omnivorous,small inverts,live or frozen, suplemented with green veg matter
water con: 22-25C; ph 6.5-7.0 ; dH 10
Swimming level: middel
Breeding: egs scattered

Young specimens of this magnificent soecies are often bought by novice aquarists and placed in the prized community tank, where, afte a few weeks, they proceed to devour all insite( food and plants),rapidly outgrowing their companions until it becomes necessary to rehouse them.
to keep this fish you need a big tank and good filtration to clear the debris they stir up when foraging for food;use a soft substrate because they dig

They jump! make sure aquarium is covered, and try to avoid any sudden movements or noises that my startel them.

I hope this helps:)

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
Thanks Lanzo, but then I'd rather stick with the hardy fish I have as they "tend" to leave the plants alone, just need to stock up on some plants again. Thank you for the effort

Sabi

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
Hey sean, those are lovely fish! I had malawis a couple of years ago, couldn't stand their aggression and traded them in. I'm thinking of restocking my main FW tank with bigger fish but i rather get another tank to keep a few of them again, they have a wonderful personality (apart from aggression!).

Thanks Lanzo, but then I'd rather stick with the hardy fish I have as they "tend" to leave the plants alone, just need to stock up on some plants again. Thank you for the effort
They do?! Whew man, mine wrecked my plants! ate them up or else uprooted them. I can't believe you actually managed to keep the plants, what plants are they?

djmurray

Email me about anything
Reaction score
nice fish bud i had two tiger oscars, couple of frontosa 2 pseudotropheus crabo,
7 Pseudotropheus elongatus,3 Pseudotropheus johanni, one massive pleco was beautiful till the oscars got big and ate everything expect the plec:( now i just have the pleco:)

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
Nah, just kidding, I do not know the type of plant, will see if I can post a pic and maybe someone can Id it, but it grows like there is no tomorrow...

seank

Kingi Angel
Reaction score

This is a sad day for me View attachment 117960
sad0064.gif

She spend 9 years with us and I think her 1st 03 years with a friend who gave her to us.

Sadly she is no more. She battled the last 02 - 03 days staying up, and 05 minutes ago she laid her head down for the last time. I will definitely miss this one, now I only have the male left

Afsal

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
sorry to hear this , our pets do become a part of our families