Sean Fishtank Photos

makaeel, i only lost 2 fish by way of pump death. I do not know what happened to the others as i cannot find their bodies etc. Neither could we find them outside the tank

Lets see. The parameters we took this morning:
No3(Nitrate) =1.0ppm
No2(Nitrite) = 0.02ppm
Alk = 1.9pro(milli equaivalents per litre)
Po4(Phosphate) = 0.2ppm
pH = 8.4
Ca(Calcium) = 450
NH3/NH4(Ammonia) = 0.0ppm
Silinity =1026 (I aim to keep it high)
Magnesium =1100

The watertemp is at 24 degrees
Phosphates are high. They should be less than 0.02. Nitrite should also be zero. Alkalinity seems a little low to me. But these mille equivalent stuff confuses me sometimes :lol:

From these readings I get the feeling that either you are over feeding a little, or you are adding the juices from the frozen food to tank or you filtration many be lacking a little. But I would consider the first two as the likely culprits.

Hope this helps.

Hill, the test kit I use does not go much lower than that. Maybe we not talking bout the same readings as our test kits are not the same. I use red sea test kits

LOOKS GREAT MAN , where's them sps pics ??? also some familar looking stuff there;)

This is the test kit stuff I use:

25062007527.jpg

So you see. I really cannot get lower as what I am at this stage then I might as well test clear water, and also, I do not have problems with my water(in regard to my setup), everything is healthy and growing nicely and even the fish I have in there is healthy.
This whole fish dissapearing thing is bugging me as I cannot find the fish that dissapeared. I thought it could be the water and they maybe died and got stuck behind rocks, but yesterday I turned the tank inside out and could not even find a skeleton of some sort.

Hill, the test kit I use does not go much lower than that. Maybe we not talking bout the same readings as our test kits are not the same. I use red sea test kits
Thats the problem with most test kits. They do not measure low enough for our reef systems.

sean do you think there might be any inverts that could possibly be eating up your fish?crabs blue lobster?

Man, That is what I also think. I have looked all over the past couple of days, especially yesterday. I dunno. I just know that I am not spending a cent on fish any more. If you guys sell Corals, I am in the market, but not for fish anymore. If you go back on this thread and see the fish I lost (Money wise) you should also feel the same, but unless Afsal want to sell his Maroon Clown...LoL

This hairy brown crabs, do they catch fish as I am sure I saw one in the tank yesterday, but he was lank fast

Thats the problem with most test kits. They do not measure low enough for our reef systems.
You right Hill, but like Alan said some time ago. Every setup differs and if your parameters work for you, and visual wise everything seem ok, why not??

Corals for sale? Maybe....

Sean I think you got a monster hiding behind that rock shelf, your tank should show signs of dead fish lying around...from the pic's I can't see anything bad. Are you gonna keep this tank when the new tank is up? If so then maybe when you move the livestock over you can take out the rocks and check if not then don't add more food (fish) for this killer....

Corals for sale? Maybe....

Sean I think you got a monster hiding behind that rock shelf, your tank should show signs of dead fish lying around...from the pic's I can't see anything bad. Are you gonna keep this tank when the new tank is up? If so then maybe when you move the livestock over you can take out the rocks and check if not then don't add more food (fish) for this killer....

Yes Shaun, I tend to think that way too.
Regarding the tank. I am gonna keep him in the garage as a "medical" backup and I am buiing new rock for the new tank. So in 02 months time I'll need about 200- 300kg of live rock. Will start bugging you guys by then

Sean why don't you go with some DIY rock? Would be fun to make? Maybe we can have a weekend project?

Well I been keen to try the DIY rock for some time now, I find it a huge waste of money to run out and buy rock for R50-R150 and then have it all covered up, for all the bit's that we can not see a good base rock can be used - i.e DIY....

Well I been keen to try the DIY rock for some time now, I find it a huge waste of money to run out and buy rock for R50-R150 and then have it all covered up, for all the bit's that we can not see a good base rock can be used - i.e DIY....

Any more news as where I can read up on it and some example tanks, uhm, and price tags

Back
Top Bottom