Sealing leaking pipes

Reaction score
I
233478b71a7d0e12.jpg

It seems many people have problems with PVC pipes not sealing ,so I thought it might help to show how I sealed a fitting using epoxy putty.

Reaction score
233478b72da773ee.jpg

There are many brands to choose from but I like AquaMend because it sets nice and fast even under water.I fixed this leak with out even switching off the pump.

Reaction score
I will check the instructions ,but it must be around 20 min.It`s way more sticky than Pratley`s so it`s much easier to work with.

Reaction score
ive even sealed a crack on my sump with that stuff as well as used it of frags etc no probs , works magic !!!!

Reaction score
when i offered u this stuff when u were looking for stuff to glue your rocks , u declined , dnt say i didnt offer lol lol , trying to get some more , u want sims??

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Zookeeper, how about a thread on "how to fix pipes properly in the first place;)

Reaction score
thats a great idea zookeeper! iv also used epoxy when pvc weld doesnt do the job

Reaction score
I feel that PVC weld only fails because of poor preparation of the joint.Allways clean both surfaces befor applying the PVC weld.I will take some pics to night.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I feel that PVC weld only fails because of poor preparation of the joint.Allways clean both surfaces befor applying the PVC weld.I will take some pics to night.
I only asked because i reckon you would do a better job with pictures than me without (uploader difficulties my end)
Cheers ZK