Seahorses Pregnant

Reaction score
Hi all

Recently found out that 2 of my seahorses are pregnant, they are H.Comes and H.kuda.

Is there anyone with experience in breading of seahorses, nursery setup, etc.....

Currently have a source of live mysis shrimp which I am feeding. Maybe a setup for breeding Copepods would be good too?

PLEASE HELP.:thumbup:

PS will post some pics ASAP.
</IMG>

Cool,you and Haley are going to be parents :)

newly hatched brine shrimp also works and are easy to breed

congratz by the way

no - i have not had experience with seahorses - but i know that newly and note that i am saying newly hatched brine shrimp still contain their egg sacks which are full of the good stuff - once they loose their egg sacks, they are worthless IMHO. Newly hatched brine shrimp are also small for baby shrimps.

Thank Shan, will get some de-shelled eggs as I believe the shells can be harmful if swollowed.

Anyone else had any experience with fry. thinking of setting up a greenwater and rotifier tanks.

What about copepods?

I would try to get hold of Calvin, try to get hold of decapsulated artemia eggs and around the beginning of this week coming start hatching out small quantities in 2 litre coke bottles with an airline. Start a new batch each day to ensure that when you have the babies you will have a continuous supply. I would google a seahorse website/forum as there is plenty of info available. I think it will be wise to get the babies off the artemia as soon as it is feasible and onto other live and frozen foods such as mysids, copepods and amphipods. Try putting a bit of crushed mysid with a few feeds after they have been feeding on the artemia after a week or two and then slowly try to introduce other frozen (defrosted) or live foods. If you successfully grow some out I would be interested in obtaining some, either buying or swopping.

Back
Top Bottom