Seachem Purigen

Reaction score
Hi Chaps, I've invested in some purigen, just been wondering what the best bag i need to put in ??? Of course leaving sam's aquariums i was sold something that i wasnt sure of and wanted ???

I've bought the bio bag their at sams ??? will this be good for purigen ????

Purigen comes in its own bag. Go give the other back and ask for a refund.

ok, i thought that ???? he sold me some bio shit bag that seemed very unporous, on R15 though?? whats the best bag to use for purigen ??

R15 bux...I don't think Seachem could print the box for that much. The stuff is sold in a bag...

hi Sammy,yip a pic will be cool

I also bought Seachem Purigen, came in a bottle so had to make my own little bag of it. Was like R150 or so?

Sammy go to Aqua Concepts and ask for a filter bag... ask for wayne and tell him i sent you... you wont be sold something you dont need.

emmmm....what is purigen used for? If its made by seachem then it must be a good product....:blush:

Purigen™ is a premium synthetic adsorbent that is unlike any other filtration product. It is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at a rate and capacity that exceeds all others by over 500%. Purigen™ controls ammonia, nitrites and nitrates by removing nitrogenous organic waste that would otherwise release these harmful compounds. Purigen’s™ impact on trace elements is minimal. It significantly raises redox. It polishes water to unparalleled clarity. Purigen™ darkens progressively as it exhausts, and is easily renewed by treating with bleach. Purigen™ is designed for both marine and freshwater use. This product is sold by volume. Cited weight is minimal weight.
:thumbup:

Sammy they are behind the builders warehouse at Northgate Island - that new development at the N1/M5 interchange

yea theres about 5 or 6 guys importing seachem... its bit of a mess really for the importers but great for the consumers :p

Can purigen be put in a canister? What flow rate must be put over or through it?

Can purigen be put in a canister? What flow rate must be put over or through it?

great idea putting purigen in a bag in a canister. Allows for maximum contact with the product. Try get as much flow as your sump / canister will allow.

Warr - sorry to be different - no SchyffS - the water must flow slowly through the canister filter for the purigen (and for a matter of fact - all/any chemical filtration) to be really effective.
So, e.g. a 500 l/hour power-head will be MORE than sufficient....

Warr - sorry to be different - no SchyffS - the water must flow slowly through the canister filter for the purigen (and for a matter of fact - all/any chemical filtration) to be really effective.
So, e.g. a 500 l/hour power-head will be MORE than sufficient....

I understand, I thought these canister filters would only have that sort size pumps. ;)

Back
Top Bottom