Seachem Phosguard and brightwells extraxphos - who uses it in an sps system?

Discussion in 'Chemical Filtration / Low Nutrient Systems - LNS' started by ziyaadb, 15 Apr 2010.

1. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

Hi All

Been doing some reading and these are bad in that they leach aluminium into the water and cause choas for leathers(serch phosguard on google). I dont care much for leathers but love sps and lps any one use the products listed long term with no ill effects?

2. Guest

3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

Ziyaad - as far as I know (and I am answering more generic) it depends on whether the phosphate remover is aluminium based, or metal (ferrous) based.... There is a chance that aliminium based phosphate remover can indeed have a bit of a negative impact on soft-corals.

BUT, that said - I have never heard that ANY form of phosphate remover causing problems with SPS though....

I have no idea what impact it would have on LPS corals..... I have successfully used SeaChem PhosGuard in my tank long-term....

4. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator

Ziyaad, from what I noticed, Brightwell's products seem to created more for SPS, similar to the original Zeovit. I am 100% sure, that the product is safe to use.

5. OP
    ziyaadb

ziyaadb

thanks gents makes me feel confident using it.

Recent Posts