Urgent help needed Sea Apple

Reaction score
I have had a sea Apple for 6 months now and slowly I have been battling with bubble corals and other corals like elegance slowly dying away which were always thriving. Could it be the sea Apple releasing toxins? All parameters good! It is in the top left corner.

RiaanP

Reaction score
As far as I know, they are perfectly safe, until one day that they release lots and lots of toxins when they stress, die or being caught in a pump.
They do not constantly release toxins.

Are you running any carbon?

Reaction score
Sea Apples are very dangerous. They have a neurotoxin that kills vertebrates, if it dies or gets caught in one of your flow pumps, it will release a toxin (Called Holuthirin) which will kill all your fish.
It doesn't affect your corals. You need to have a look at your parameters to find the reason for your corals demise.

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
i agree with the above, i had one for 2 years no issues, then bam decided to die in a pump, i lost all 40 of my fish and no invertebrate or coral losses

my guess is either the corals are needing more food, or fish, my guess is foxface, sailfin and regal tang...
I have had fish go rogue

Reaction score
All corals are fine except the bubbles . They are deteriorating and no signs of being picked on.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Maybe the bubble is getting stung by sweeper tentacles from other nearby lps corals?

Top Bottom