sea anemone magnifica

Still your light is not strong enough and not giving the right spectrum. What size is the light unit as you have a 8 foot tank. Didnt know you get quad units for that size

Regarding the lights I was meant to say I run blue X2 and white X2 for 9 hours but the blue only 2 ours at night befor lights out

Regarding the lights I was meant to say I run blue X2 and white X2 for 9 hours but the blue only 2 ours at night befor lights out

Start the blues in the morning, then add the whites two hours later.
Then at night switch off the whites and run the blues for another hour or two.

Brown is probably healthier than white. Could be a sign of zooxanthellae which is what the anemone needs. When I first got mine a few years ago, it was bleached (white). Anemone get rid of their zooxathelae when stressed and go white which is very unhealthy. Zooxanthellae is the algae in corals that give them colour and feed them. Look at natural colours of these anemones on the net and you will find brown variations. Mine is a light purple with yellow tips.

I would suggest continue feeding it regularly until it gets its colour which it needs to live off the light.

Good luck.

I'm attaching an photo taken over a year ago of mine. Mine is now in a bigger tank than it was then and under different lights. It has more colour now than in this photo. In this photo, it was in a Boyu TL550 tank and it did fine in that tank under basic lighting for over three years.

IMG_0216.jpg

Your anemone needs light and likes a lot of water movement. If it keeps moving around the tank, it is unhappy. It will move to a spot where it likes the flow and the lighting and then stay put. If it is eating, changing shape etc and not moving around to find better lighting, then it is probably happy with the lighting and the flow. feed it regularly till it gets a lot more colour. They are not meant t be white.

Hi all

I'm new to this would like to know if you think my anenome is healty or not.few days back started getting a bit brownish

Thanks

Brownish is a good sign after looking at the pic when you first go it it was bleached so the browning indicate its starting to get some colour which is a good sign.

The feeding helps a lot even in your case with not so strong lights...

I also once got a bleached nennie and took about 3 months to get about 60% of its colour back. I had weak lights but fed him every second to third day and after getting my better stronger lights it coloured up even more and only started feeding it once a week as my clowns fed him often...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom