Scubaninja's Reef - Take 2

Awsome LR you got there Ninja! Waiting to check the aquascaping :)

yeah, gonna go nuts:) got some flatter pieces to make over hangs:) the one main piece of fijian LR, the whir-ish one, the algae and what not that was on it died with there being no light before i got it and floh said it would eventually restart. anyone got any ideas on how long that might take?

Cure just that one specific piece of rock before introducing it to your system.

and by cure you mean...? will that get rid of the stuff on it? cause i found out that there is actually a tiny coral on it. floh noticed it, i dont know what it is and i dont want to kill it..

ah i see, but i need my skimmer for the tanks operation so how should i do it? like put all the other rock in another container or something? and just that one rock mek? hmmm, will try..

do you think i should cure it? its been precured by floh for some time before i got it and i smelt it and it doesnt smell bad at all.

Even the short trip from the lfs to your tank can cause some die off, get it settled in the tank then test it.

ah i see, but i need my skimmer for the tanks operation so how should i do it? like put all the other rock in another container or something? and just that one rock mek? hmmm, will try..
Yip place that rock in a seperate container.If you dont have a spare skimmer,add a powerhead and heater to the drum and just do water changes (lots).

well, when i got the LR i put some of it in the sump to keep something circulating-for fun etc, so its been going for a while, is it ok to leave it in there and circulate in there? i could move the other rock out of the sump and put it in the container, cause there is a larger water volume in the sump than in my container. then i could use my skimmer on it. My tank will only be filled in a few weeks so could i just leave them all cycling in the sump, maybe get a good head start on the cycle, get as much downtime on my cycle now as i can? what heater should i get? do we use normal fresh water heaters? what size should i get? two smaller ones?

hey guys, i'm thinkin of going with the big lionfish anyway, could always sell it on when it becomes too big for the tank. i want to have some shoaling fish too. what do you guys suggest that is easy to look after and not a stress to feed? also possibly something that wont get eaten by the lionfish:)

hey guys, i'm thinkin of going with the big lionfish anyway, could always sell it on when it becomes too big for the tank. i want to have some shoaling fish too. what do you guys suggest that is easy to look after and not a stress to feed? also possibly something that wont get eaten by the lionfish:)
see bold:lol:
Lionfish will eat anything it can fit into its mouth and its mouth can open really wide. if u get a Tiny 1 u would be ok for a while

If u go lion, no shoaling fish. You can put other predator type fish, unless you can train your Lion to not eat other fish :whistling:

i bought a few kgs of aragonite and wondering where it was best suited, should i put it in the sump or DT? i was originally thinking i would put it in the Dt as a top layer of my substrate to get a mixture of grain size.. any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom