Scratched glass

Reaction score
Hey guys I Have a small cube I want to set up but the glass is a little scratched dose any one know how to polish glass. I was told brasso by a glass guy who did not sound sure of him self. Can any one advise me on the best methods to polish out scratches. I know I would not be able to get them all out.

most jewelers have buffing clothes, see if u can borrow one, will see if i can get an old one from the gold and diamond exchange near my office

unfortunatley there is nothing that will 100% remove scratches from glass. got a call aasking me about this every day when i worked at PG

it wont work 100% but its damn close :)

what line of work u in les?

toothpaste works with slight scratches, it is quite abrasive, but plenty of elbow required.

Thanks guys will give them a shot on a on the back of the tank as it is painted blue so if I mess it up it wont be to bad.

Leslie I am aware that I wont get them all out especially the nasty one but I got this little cube for mahala so just wont it to look a little better before setting it up.;)

Just take notice
I will be carefull working with brasso or other chemicals on the inside of the tank. Even now that it is not set up.
Outside should not be a problem

Just take notice
I will be carefull working with brasso or other chemicals on the inside of the tank. Even now that it is not set up.
Outside should not be a problem
My thoughts exactly, if the scratches are on the inside.

then use the sand paper, i think its 2000 water paper, also check with a glass co or jeweler for chemical free option

any joy?

Well cleaned the tank up and turns out the guy I got the tank from was mistaken once I cleaned the glass it not as badly scratched as I thought.

thats good news... what ya going to keep in it?

thanks, had a blonde moment

Back
Top Bottom