Scraping coralline off of back wall?

Reaction score
I'm getting quite a lot of coralline growth on the rear wall of my nano. Looks kinda dirty :p Should I scrape it off or leave it be?

The only negative effect I can assume is that it uses up more calcium... Are there any positives?

Also what would I use to scrape it off?

Uses calcium and alkalinity...

I also got tired of it looking dirty on my back wall and scraped it all off. The tank looks great when the back wall has just been cleaned but I ended up with other even less desirable algae growing there which looked even worse. I couldn't wait for the corraline to grow back.

on the same subject. what is the best way to scrap off coralline and the weird snail like creatures growing on my front glass. credit card or blade ?

yip a blade works fine.one of the positives is,if you like pink,leave it there :p

i have two(urchins) and they don't do anything to my coraline growths.

i also removed it with a blade, but after a day there are new traces, so i placed my rocks at the back to cover the back panel:whistling:

lanzo: i'm trying to keep my rockwork off the rear panel as much as possible to improve flow in the tank.

i don't want a swirl pool in my tank, i want to get a resun wave maker, then i'll most probably open my back panel, but it is a moerse shlep to clean that coraline algae off every 2nd day

i say leave and let it be it is better than having some bad alge growing in your tank and makes it more natural

The rumour has it that corraline growing in these places can consume as much as 15% of your alkalinity and calcium.

The question really is?
What do i charge per hour to clean?
or
How much does bi carb and slake lime cost?

Personally i have a hands out policy, which suits my couch potato mentality:confused:
Or perhaps... Shavers vs Wild and wooly...no competition let it grow. Its more natural:)

On a more serious note. If the tank were smaller than average i would shave. Especially if calc reactor or slake lime were not being used.

Man, you guys wanna take it out, I am still trying my best to grow some. If ever I can have Corraline growing in my tank, I'll be one happy guy...

Back
Top Bottom