Urgent help needed Scopas tang

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Annoying, 6 Feb 2010.

1. Annoying

Annoying

Hey

I have aproblem with my scopas I got bout 3 months ago and for the first week it didn't eat then it started to eat like a pig. About 2 weeks ago I added a cb and since I've added the cb the scopas stopped eating. The cb is eating great also all the other fish. No watar params has changed dramaticly and I thaught it could have been stress because the scopas was not at all happy that the cb was introduced. I sumped the scopas to get him alone and try to feed him but he is still not eating and he is extremely thin. He has no white spots visible and as far as I can see no infection. He does have a thorn fin that I've noticed 2 day ago. Please any help could this still be stress of the cb or is it worms or what.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

I see from your aquarium specs that you also have a regal tang - it is my guess that the combination of the regal and a second "tang-looking" fish (the copperband) has stressed the scopas, and that is what stopped him eating. After that, you (probably) chased it around a lot before finally catching it, and that caused even more stress. You have now placed it into a very small tank (100l sump?), and that would add even more stress - no wonder that it is still not eating.

Have you tried feeding it nori, tied to a clip to keep it in one place, and you far away from it? If that does not help, you could try to soak the nori in garlic juice (many people swear by it...). If that does not help you can either keep on trying untill it does eventually eat, or die, or you could catch it again, move it back to the DT and move the other tang and CBB to the sump - neither is a sure cure, though...

Good luck.

Hennie

4. Annoying

Annoying Thread Starter

Thanks Hennie will try the garlic. Actually it was very easy to catch it he was already so weak when I finally decided to move him. I didn't want to move him at first because of the restricted size but he just didn't eat at all so I finally decided to move him. I'm still very suprised he is still alive. I think I'll leave him there my CBB has just started eating well and if I move him now then it could just cause him to stop eating and then I can potensially lose 2 fish.
    Thanks again

Recent Posts