• chromis

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Anthias

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • other (and name them pls)

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chromis and Anthias are awsome in a small tank (over 250l for schooling)
Yellow tangs are excellent in a tank larger 3m or more.

Mike are you upgrading ?

To get fish to school you need size.

Out of the two fish you listed the Chromis is the easier to keep but the Anthias are definitely more pretty

If you can find them chalk bass look pretty cool too - only grow to about 50mm too.

how about a school of lionfish?? ::p

my vote goes to anthias! :) Also chromis are damsels so i'd not get any seeing as you've got them clowns

Regal tangs always look great together.

niger triggers:p

anthias will win open hands

how about a school of lionfish?? ::p

my vote goes to anthias! :) Also chromis are damsels so i'd not get any seeing as you've got them clowns

jUST IN CASE THIS IS READ BY A NEW STARTER TO MARINES, THE GUYS WERE JOKING, SCHOOLS OF NIGER TRIGGERS, REGAL TANGS AND LIONFISH, MAY NOT BE THAT SUCCESSFUL IN A SMALL TANK;)

Plenty of smileys please fellas;)

Just got two anthias, got them two eat yesterday. They ar real cool, they win hand down for colours and shape!

I want to try a school of Powder Blues in my new big tank. Has anyone ever succeded with this, any useful info will be great.

Powder blues are solitary and by their nature very territorial, other tangs would suit a shoal, yellows or convicts for example.

They go close to each other now and then.

Lol, that's bound to happen in any tank with more than 1 fish :p

Hahaha! I think they could school just as well as any clown pair :p hehe

I've seen three before in a 2000l system. There are also ten or so yellows. None of them school as such in this system. But they have been there for a while and are fat and healthy.

I don't need them to actually school. But would like to be able to put a bunch in. The tank will be about 4000l.

Back
Top Bottom