scared

Yes Werner! This very normal. Happened in my 2 metre tank too when I got new fish. Don't worry about it. Just DON'T overfeed your fish! And also - remember! Do your waterchanges regularly!

What fish do you have? some are more skittish than others, but when they get used to you feeding them they will be queueing up at the front, mine do.

i got 1 tomato clown 1 regal tang 1 damsel and 1 wrasse but the wrasse you dont see he has been from i got the tank today under the substrate

Not the usual suspects, the regal can be a bit of a nervous case but the others should be fine in time, just approach the tank slowly and don't bang and crash abouit round the tank.

Sounds like the fish may be super stressed. A new tank and new fish in one day. You are going to have serious ammonia and nitrite poisoning issues. It is no wonder the fish are stressed. Be prepared for losses.

hey guys got my 250 liter tank today and the fish are so scared if you come near the tank they all go and hide if there is movement in the room they all go and hide is this normal:whistling:
Congratulations on the new tank and welcome to the forum if i have not done so already. Did you buy any live rock with this tank.,

Welome Werner,

You have come to the right place for advice. Some of wich you may not like. Please share some of the tanks details with the rest of us.

If the tank is out the box , please take the fish back to the LFS today as the cycle will kill them.There is no magic drops that will stop this no matter what the LFS said. As sugested buy some live rock to get you going .Read up about the cycle process if this is new to you.

Lots of research and taking it slow is the key to this hobby.

Welome Werner,

You have come to the right place for advice. Some of wich you may not like. Please share some of the tanks details with the rest of us.

If the tank is out the box , please take the fish back to the LFS today as the cycle will kill them.There is no magic drops that will stop this no matter what the LFS said. As sugested buy some live rock to get you going .Read up about the cycle process if this is new to you.

Lots of research and taking it slow is the key to this hobby.

Guys, Werner bought a tank which was already cycled. Its been at the petshop for a couple months already. He collected it this weekend.

Werner to get back to your question, its quite normal for the fish to be scared. Some are more likely to hide then other.

You must be pretty excited to get your tank and then its a disappointment to find out that when you want to look at the fish they all hiding. You have to give them some time to get used to their new surroundings. Just be patient. They will come out eventually.

Try not to disturb the tank in order to get them to swim out of their hiding places so you can see them, this just makes it worse. I reckon in a weeks time they will all be out and about.

happy you got the tank bud.. just keep an eye on the inhabitants as there is most definatley a disturbance to the filters etc so they will be trying to recover from the move.. as for your inhabitants do you have any rock in the tank? if so how much.. i find fish with plenty of hiding places more settled as they have security the less rock the more skittish and prone to disease they become... please post a pic of your new purchase.. we may see something that you are unknowingly not mentioning..

Nice to know you got the tank:) give them time and space to hide and they'll settle. I'm not certain on tank size requirements for a Regal Tang, but a 250l sounds a little tight to me, Perhaps others will have some thoughts?

Nice to know you got the tank:) give them time and space to hide and they'll settle. I'm not certain on tank size requirements for a Regal Tang, but a 250l sounds a little tight to me, Perhaps others will have some thoughts?

OK, when it is juve, but will outgrow, that tank and terrorise the rest of the inmates or become a whitespot magnet.

thanx alot guys i dont have any live rock yet but will get some in the future and something i didnt even see in the shop is that there are 2 hermit crabs in the tank and one crab without a shell it was a suprise because i didnt see them in the shop

Back
Top Bottom