Salt water price increase

Reaction score
Hi All

Has anyone who buys salt water from the LFS's noticed/experianced a price increase?

Apparantly it has gone up from R2 a litre to R2.50 to R2.90 a litre???

Hi All

Has anyone who buys salt water from the LFS's noticed/experianced a price increase?

Apparantly it has gone up from R2 a litre to R2.50 to R2.90 a litre???

Sorry, never bought from LFS. Maybe the cost of synthetic salt has gone up.

WoW i never knew 1 could buy salt water from a LFS?
Question darrencon : does the LFS ask what SG levels u need your water made up 2.

My LFS, make it all at 1.025, no choices

Ok I cant c myself buying seawater from a LFS .
It will cost me about R450 to do my water change's a month at the wrong SG levels .
Wow if i had to add another R150 I could buy a 20kg box of salt.
On the other hand it does help saving time and RO required to make up the seawater.

what brand of salt is the LFS using?and what is the TDS of their RO Darren?

Ok I cant c myself buying seawater from a LFS .
It will cost me about R450 to do my water change's a month at the wrong SG levels .
Wow if i had to add another R150 I could buy a 20kg box of salt.
On the other hand it does help saving time and RO required to make up the seawater.

What SG do you run Puppy ?

get a 120l bin and a power head. Fill with ro and chuck in some salt. Then you will have 120l of salt mix on hand all the time. My salt cost me .71c/l and ro cost about 10c/l (guess I have spent abour R1000 on refills, membrane and DI resin in about 3 years and I make about 150l per week)

so all in all 81c/l....why pay the LFS R2 and still have to mission to collect the stuff anyways...add in your petrol costs and you paying about 300% more....save the cents and the rands will look after themselves...

and easier...I don't get how getting into the car with a drums can be easier. I find water changes a PITA but on my newish tank I have a drain plumbed in on my top sump skimmer compartment and all I do is open a tap and the water goes down the drain. Then to fill I pop some pipe on the pump in my 120l storage drum and fill up the tank with a long pipe easy as that. Takes about 10 mins to change 150l.....then it's turn on the ro tap wait to fill up...throw in 8 cups of salt and turn the pump back on...

Regardless of whether you collect or mix yourself, i was in the LFS the other day and was horrified at the price increases in general for our hobby. I have not bought live stock for a long time but the Dollar, Euro and Pound are clubbing us at the moment.

Yea agree Alan looks like everyone is jumping on the bandwaggon with prices now days. EVERYTHING is going up and everyone ALWAYS says the same thing...petrol, exchange rates and interest rates...although in most cases it is true...

yip well if what I read n the news is anything to go by we gonna have quite a bit more fuel price hikes in the next few months...

Regardless of whether you collect or mix yourself, i was in the LFS the other day and was horrified at the price increases in general for our hobby. I have not bought live stock for a long time but the Dollar, Euro and Pound are clubbing us at the moment.
likewise,been looking at the prices of testkits and was shocked at the prices

Back
Top Bottom