sailfin tang

Reaction score
Hi guys.I just want to know if you guys would recommend a sail fin tang.I did do some research and from what I could get from the site was that it is a good fish to start with.What I want to know is it easyer than the lipstick and will it also go on hungerstrike and does it settle faster in a new enviroment?:)

Hi guys.I just want to know if you guys would recommend a sail fin tang.I did do some research and from what I could get from the site was that it is a good fish to start with.What I want to know is it easyer than the lipstick and will it also go on hungerstrike and does it settle faster in a new enviroment?:)
Sailfin tang is a great choice quite hardy as a tang too...
Everything depend on the size of your tank, The minimum least acceptable length would be 5-6Ft tank. These guys needs lots of space to accelerate. Also I would rather start with other hardier fish than tangs..;)

Sailfin tang is a great choice quite hardy as a tang too...
Everything depend on the size of your tank, The minimum least acceptable length would be 5-6Ft tank. These guys needs lots of space to accelerate. Also I would rather start with other hardier fish than tangs..;)

My first Tang was a SailFin. I must admit my tank was only 4 - 5 months old when I put him in and he developed whitespot the follwoing day of his introduction :(

This does not mean he / she would not make it in your tank but yeah as mentioned above Tangs are not the best Fish to start with as I found out the hard way :blush:

I must admit after losing my SailFin and another 4 months I introduced a Regal Tang and he seems so happy. My long haired green algae cannot say the same :thumbup:

I completely fell in love with tangs from the beginning, my very first addition to my tank was a striped bristletooth tang..

I wouldn't suggest getting a tang if your tank is small. Like loads of other people will tell you.

Just my 2c

So my 1.2x450x450 might be just to small.I did read a thread about tangs so I will think about it before getting one and if I get one it will only be one.there is alot opf algea for it to eat but will still think about it

Back
Top Bottom