SAGA Solenoid Valve help

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Mekaeel, 25 May 2008.

1. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

Hey crew.
    i bought a second hand Saga regulator with solenoid valve.hooked it up but it appears that the relay (little black box) isnt working.the light is comming on,indicating that power is being sent to the unit but the relay isnt ticking and dosing.can somebody give me advice on how to repair this unit.from what i think,i gotta remove the relay and fit a new one.any idea from where i can get one of these.
    thanks
    Mekaeel

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Is it a 12v or 220v relay?

4. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Thread Starter Moderator MASA Contributor

220V 3 pin relay

5. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Hey Mekaeel, you should know by now that you must POST PICTURES so we all can see what you're talking about ...

If you have a multi-tester you could check the resistance between the live and neutral pins of the relay's plug. If it is very large (over range) then the solenoid coil has probably burnt out and you will have to get a new one (or the wires are not making contact somewhere...).

Hennie

6. Mekaeel

hi Hennie,sorry im at my office pc cant upload any pics right now,but will try later.
    i did open up the unit and the light is indicating power.dont have a multimeter,but what i'll do is try and connect 3 wires ie.live neutral and earth directly to the relay and test that way to see if the relay ticks.

7. Mekaeel

ok,stripped it down.connected the relay directly to a plugpoint,but its dead.no ticking sound.looks like i need another relay :(

Recent Posts