SAGA regulator on a 6 Kg Co2 bottle

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Awrite crew....
Im getting sick of filling my 2 kg Co2 bottle every month.
1.I was wondering if the standard SAGA regulator will fit on a 6kg Co2 bottle?
2.Will the regulator handle the pressure of the 6Kg bottle?
Anyone been there done that? No leaks?
Cool :)

Guys, abit on/off the subject. What is the solenoid for on the regulator ?

At least once a week, I find the bottle is not pumping CO2 and I have to unplug the regulator almost to reset it ???

the solenoid is the "shut off" normally plugged into a timer aswell, if more controll is needed with regards to the co2 feed..

Any idea why it would be switching off, as i don't have it connected to a timer
Is it connected directly to the power or Ph controller?
If it is connected to a Ph contoller it suppose to be switching the solenoid valve on and off based on the Ph settings.

Is it connected directly to the power or Ph controller?
If it is connected to a Ph contoller it suppose to be switching the solenoid valve on and off based on the Ph settings.

Nope, connected directly to 240VAC power

just a question why do you have a solenoid if you arent using it to regulate the co2 feed.. if you have the regulator needled down to 5mm and can set it, there is no need for the solenoid?

just a question why do you have a solenoid if you arent using it to regulate the co2 feed.. if you have the regulator needled down to 5mm and can set it, there is no need for the solenoid?

The solenoid and regulator are one unit, I can't separate them

i thought they were seperate.. but many systems get by without the solenoid.. could you post a pic i will see what more i can find out for you.

i thought they were seperate.. but many systems get by without the solenoid.. could you post a pic i will see what more i can find out for you.

You can get them separate. The Tunze regulators are sold without one. I ran mine without a solenoid for a while but with load shedding it caused problems so now I run one with my regulator.

i know the aqua-medic are also seperate.. saga do do a reg only aswell.. wonder if who could fix this kind of thing? is the solenoid plugged in perhaps try running it with it unplugged.. not sure if it stays open if unplugged though?

hey war don't you have the ph meter?

can the ph meter also get plugged into the solenoid valve?( or is it only the ph controle that can do that)

can the ph meter also get plugged into the solenoid valve?( or is it only the ph controle that can do that)
The meter can be plugged in,but all it will do is give you a reading of the effluent inside the reactor. It would not perform the same action as a controller ie. off and on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom