Rusty Angel with white & swollen lips

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This morning I started a thread about the Rusty Angel that I bought on fFriday last week that was hiding away. Mekaeel suggested that this may be normal behaviour. Tonight the angel actually came out from the LR and swam around for a while before disappearing amongst the LR again. It appeared that his lips were white & swollen. Is this a problem that I should be worried about and if so what must I do to remedy it?

Jacques,
I would love to give you pics but the blighter has disappeared behind the LR again

Check your pm dude, I replied.

You may find that they are just establishing a pecking order. It is common with new angels in a reef. Also common for pygmys to hide for long periods when newly introduced.

edit. you will find that a rusty and cb are not the best choice of angels to mix. They are too similar and will always fight, even in a 8/10 foot tank

If he has swollen lips it is possible he has found a bristleworm or something similar.

If he has swollen lips it is possible he has found a bristleworm or something similar.

imo it is more likely the cb is trying to get rid of the new fish. They are so similar as juveniles that the cb is doing what is does naturaly. They do fight mouth to mouth. If it was a bristleworm, you would see the bristles on the fish.
Again, they are too similar to be grouped in the same tank.

Hi Everyone,

Just an update. I now have 3 dwarf angels in my tank, Rusty, Coral beauty & Flame, they are all relatively happy and the Rusty's lips are indeed healing very nicely.

Back
Top Bottom