Rumours of load shedding

Reaction score
Hey guys.I've been hearing this whole year that there is the threat of loadshedding still looming.With November December on its way and the increase of power consumption starting to climb,it might be a good time to test all your loadshedding/power outage backup equipment.....just a thought
00020069.gif

But thats the problem.They keep warning and then issuing new schedules.I think its just to keep the public aware of there usage.Ive have gassed everything that can be converted to gas,put timers on everything that needs to run periodically and I religiously turn off all unnecessary lights.My electrical bill sits at about R400.00 every 6-8 weeks.Not bad hey
000200C1.gif
000200BE.gif

The problem with solar panels is they are damned expensive.Even if you can get the panels at a good rate you have to pay a fortune for the battery packs if you want something decent,and then you still have to pay a qualified electrician to install it all.Then you must consider their life span.Solar panels have to be replaced eventually and that is not a cheap exercise.
00020072.gif

Mek - if they pay they can come and install it ay my house any day :p
Ive heard that they might sponsor the installation of the unit,but the unit will cost about R8000.00 for the most basic of them.Not sure how true that is,but even at that cost it is not worth it.
0002007E.gif

yup, then some chop comes and steals it. we should just make a plan to power the tank and then sit outside around a fire singin hippie songs and reliving the sixties. save us a lot of trouble. and a lot of good things came from the sixties so who knows

yup, then some chop comes and steals it. we should just make a plan to power the tank and then sit outside around a fire singin hippie songs and reliving the sixties. save us a lot of trouble. and a lot of good things came from the sixties so who knows

Im with you Scuba:yeahdude:
0002014B.gif
:yeahdude:.It would make for a PEACEful future I'm sure.
000202B3.gif

This is going to be our summer headach all over again......just cant understand why summer when winter is the high usage period.

Back
Top Bottom