RR's CADE 300 Nano Reef : #Live Aquatics

Discussion in 'Nano Tanks' started by RealReefer, 13 Sep 2018 at 17:44.

1. RealReefer

RealReefer Imagine all the people living life in peace.

The guys from @Live Aquatics was kind enough to send me this amazing gift after my fun entry on their competition thread here on MASA. https://www.marineaquariumsa.com/threads/win-a-complete-nano.79346/

I made a fun entry for the competition and 2 days later on Friday 7 Sept 2018 Live Aquatics surprised me with a gift nano tank. I received a PM from them informing me that Bruce will contact me on Monday for more details. Bruce phoned me on Monday, got my details and told me the tank will be delivered during the week. This was going to be the longest week in history. Or so i thought. Thanks Bruce!!

The Arrival : Tuesday 11 Sept 2018

20180911_134340.jpg

2. Guest

3. Bristlebasher

Bristlebasher

:party:

Last edited: 13 Sep 2018 at 18:01
  4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Nice. Looking forward to a thread jam packed with photo's. :D

RealReefer likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix

Come on. We want pics!

6. Keagan01

Keagan01

7. skapie123

skapie123

Congratulations !
    Well done to Live Aquatics

Phoenix and RealReefer like this.
  8. Shahiem

Shahiem

Also waiting to hear your thought on this tank as im in two minds to get one.

9. OP
    RealReefer

RealReefer Imagine all the people living life in peace.

So after a busy weekend i finally have some time to give an update / review on my CADE 300 nano tank. The first part will be more of a review until it's filled and the cycle started. I'm doing this mainly because info and reviews on the CADE 300 is about non existent on a google search. I also hope to give some info for the guys who would like to buy this setup. So here goes.

PART1:

Pleased with how this tank was packaged and shipped. Sturdy 6mm plywood box. The sides hold together with a zinc metal frame. I think it's a cool little box. The tank sits on a solid piece of high density foam and the 4 corners are also protected by the same type of foam. The light and skimmer was covered by a white foam sheet and placed in the middle of the tank.

The tank is constructed from 6mm optic white / starphire glass. When you compare this to normal float glass there is definitely a difference. YES even on 6mm. Trust me :) It looks gr8. It is more clear than how the camera captured it. The bottom part of the tank sits inside a black plastic frame. Its fixed to the glass with black silicone. The plastic have nice beveled edges and the tank sits slightly elevated. No need for polystyrene or foam mat underneath the tank. The bottom glass is covered in a white film on the outside.

The tank is wrapped in cling wrap to help protect the glass from scratches. The top part was not covered and that kinda defeats some of it's purpose. The overall finish of the tank is good. The glass was not perfectly clean with a few silicone finger marks and smudges here and there. The glass edges are polished and all line up perfect. The tank is finished in clear silicone with no bubbles and perfect straight seams. The CADE logo is etched into the glass. The back and sides of the AIO compartments are wrapped in matt black textured vinyl. I really like the look of the textured vinyl compared to the smooth glossy one. It's give it somewhat of a different feel and look.

So far my overall impression is positive and i'm excited! I like the optic white glass, polished edges, perfect seams and etched logo. The textured vinyl gives it a nice finish.

To be continued...

20180913_175522.jpg

20180917_181324.jpg

20180917_182556.jpg

20180917_182157.jpg

20180917_182434.jpg

Last edited: 18 Sep 2018 at 15:30
    Live Aquatics, Phoenix and Shahiem like this.

Recent Posts