Hi, I am very new to this, the marine aquarium and the forum, please I need assistance were to go. I went to various pet shops in PTA with some luck for advice, referals to a reliable source would be appreciated.
A very WARM WELCOME to MASA Jacques! Enjoy your journey into the wonderful and addictive world of marines!
Please have a read through the other "New Members" threads. Many of your questions will be answered there.
Things you can starting reading up on so long, and decide what type of tank you are going to be getting:
1) type of tank: pre-manufactured/brand-name (ie Boyu), size of tank (nano, mid-sized, big - all of this will be dependant on the total water volume - the bigger the better, but also the more costly - to fill with water, get more live rock, get more substrate, get more fish/corals, get more water flow, get more lighting, get bigger skimmer, etc)
2) size and design of sump
3) DSB (deep sand bed) - either inside display tank, or in sump, or both
5) return pump volume
7) lighting - is fish only tanks requires far less lighting than fully blown SPS (short polyped stony corals) and reef tanks
8) water flow inside the tank (power-heads, ie: SEIO, ReSun, Boyu, Tunze, etc)
9) stand - size, strength, etc
10) floor weight carrying capacity
11) what life stock do you want to keep? fish? corals - soft corals? LPS (long polyped stony corals)? SPS (short polyped stony corals)?
12) live rock? what type of live rock - the better the type of live rock, the more expensive (ie. malaysian, fuji)