Roodepoort power outage

Discussion in 'Power cuts' started by pixel, 19 Mar 2013.

1. pixel

pixel

2 nights in a row:

Good morning Residents,

Kindly note that there are power outages in the following areas due to cable theft:
    Allensnek AH, Honeydew, Honeydew Ridge, Radiokop AH & Strubens Valley.

The technicians is working on the problem.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Move to CTN we don't have that problem!!!

4. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

it's at times like these that I don't miss my tank or the stress at least...

5. pixel

pixel Thread Starter

Amen, brother

6. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

That' sounds like the recording when you phone Joburg city power! You work for them these day?:P:D

7. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Well yesterday I was working at the house when the power went off. The dogs were barking by the gate where the light pole is. On this pole is the breaker switch to the house. This switch sometimes trips on lightning strikes. There were council contractors with a step ladder switching off my electricity. Now my electricity is pre paid so there were a few heated words exchanged and I was told to look in my letterbox and go down to the council to sort out. Well I phoned the wife to enquire as to the outcome of an investigation on a faulty meter the council took away over a year ago. Hence we went onto prepaid.

The notice in the letterbox was a disconnection one demanding R52000.00. :eek: The wife went own to the electricity department to enquir as to the outcome of the investigation and why the electricity was switched off because we were still understood the investigation had not been concluded due to them not informing us of the outcome.

Well we got the biggest surprise of our lives when we found out that our meter was faulty and we had a R120000.00 credit passed on our account. That leaves me with a R70100.00 credit. :biggrin:

Now the problem is. I have paid this money in and have been charged interest on the R51k over time. This money is now sitting as a credit on my account and my electricity is pre paid. Meaning that the credit will take some 15 to 20 years be used up by water and wast removal. :(

I can only smile at the manner I was notified. Seems that the PO is on strike so they get the contractor o deliver a cut off notice to get us to go down to the council to be informed.

What can I say other than. Who do I go to to get this credit paid out. I want to install solar panels with this money.

8. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Day Dreamer Deluxe

Yes - been off since 10 last night. Every single fish - except one brave clown, is dead. My prize powder blue that I've had for years is no more. I am planning sweet revenge, oh yes, sweet.

9. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Condolences bud. Not nice to hear.

Recent Posts