Rock stand...

Reaction score
Ok so I want something better than stacking rocks for the new tank. The idea is a cave underneath and lots of space for fish to swim in and out....I'm not the best at DIY but I have fun trying...

RockStand1.jpg

Add some legs and drill first hole

RockStand2.jpg

Lots of pipes..all 20mm

RockStand3.jpg

Drilling the rock

RockStand5.jpg

RockStand4.jpg

RockStand6.jpg

SDS drill set on hammer, short bursts and no pressure added, I'm suprided at how easy it goes through.

RockStand7.jpg

Fits like a glove.

I think I'll be able to create a nice pile of rocks and it should be very sturdy. I plan on 2 islands with maybe an arch connecting them...

will let you see how it works out tomorrow..

Me too....

Yip Mek I got the idea from 2 different TOTM...one had the white pipe other had the hole in the rocks...
yeah its a brilliant idea.i suppose to have started with mines sometime back,but just too busy.damn you beat me to everything even the octagon :lol:

Yip I just tried a few rocks...does not work too well but I have change the pipes to go in different dirrections and it works much much better, I will add elbows when the rock is on to make lots of swim throughs for my fish...

Just wish my RO would make water faster..I got about 600l to go before I can carry on!

Hi Sims, these rocks are they from one of your tanks or what are they?

I have about 150kg's of rock in tubs/tanks curing/cooking for the new tank....

That's a BIG drill.

Nice idea SIMS, look forward to see how it pans out :thumbup1:

SDS ?

The cable alone is as thick as my....ummmm....finger.

It's got those snap in bits. You should try one out it's amazing how well it drills. I had to put in shelves and needed to drill about 100 holes, my father said I should borrow his drill and I refused point blank to return it....poor guy had to buy another.

Expensive maybe but they last a long time.

Back
Top Bottom