1. nepellew

nepellew

Guys i have a problem with my RO unit its leaking from these connectors ive tried the pipe and dont know what else to do the water boy gave me a new connector but its still leaking what else can i do Anyone

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Cut the pipe with a sharp blade. Do not use side cutters or scissors. Make sure the cut is strait.

make sure there are no deep scratches along the pipe at the end. Give the pipe a good tug to make sure it has seated.

4. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

I must be honest we had plenty of problems with our R.o unit - leaks, membranes not lasting and even a vertical filter case bursting off the thread.

Our water board told me the pressure was 4.5 - 5 bar.( which was fine ) , until Marco suggested getting a plumber to do a pressure test...
    I wasn't chuffed , until the plumber said the pressure was 8 bar and would clime another .5 at night when there's less usage.

He put on a pressure regulator and guage, - since then the R.O has been producing constant water of a high quality without indecent.

Short and sweet of my story - Have a plumber do a pressure test and set the daytime working pressure @ about 3.8 Bar and it will increase a bit at night if it runs permanently as ours does.

Good luck.
    David

Last edited by a moderator: 15 Apr 2012
  5. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

we have pressure reducers....give us a shout tommorrow and you can take one, test it to see if it works for you...cool

6. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

glad to hear you sorted!!!!.......told ya....weve been doing this for many many many years:yeahdude:

7. Clownfish9906

Clownfish9906

I had a pipe twist on me, it was a rather short piece that started to drip - think its because of the tension and the pipe not being fully straight!

Hey Marco, havent fully installed the unit, still running as a portable! Thanx for all the assistance and letting me take up some of your family time!

8. TheWaterboy

TheWaterboy Sponsor

:thumbup:

9. zyttron

zyttron

nice tips to keep in my contact list

Recent Posts