RO Unit

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Jacojs, 7 Apr 2010.

1. Jacojs

Jacojs

Hey peepz!!

Kay so I thought starting with a RO unit would be the best as it will give me a limitless supply of RO water for the tank :thumbup:

Started to think about getting a system for home use and sommer can then use it for the tank as well......bonus.

THEN I read somewher that it has to be a marine grade RO unit!! How the hell am I going to run this past the wife? Oh honey I was thinking we should install a water purifier so I can use the water for my tank, but the water can only be used............for the tank (insert facepalm from wife here)

Or will the water just be cleaner than with a "normal" RO unit and still be useable by us hoomans??

Jaco.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Creep

Creep Ernst

WTF? Im using a normal household RO Unit.

4. Croaky

Croaky

Try The Waterboy, you can find the link in the sponsors link box on left on the home page, their prices for an application specific marine unit will surprise you!

5. poiromaniax

poiromaniax MASA Contributor

you should have a DI resin to get an absolute 0 TDS (you shouldnt drink DI water). Household units dont have those.

But, you can use the waste water for drinking, its still pure, just not as pure as DI water. (and you get more of it quicker ;) )

6. durleo

durleo

I bought a Waterboy Reefmaster and Marco converted it so that i can get drinking water for my Nestle watercooler and when i need water for my tank u jus run it past the DI resin to bring it to 0 tds:) The wife and tank will be happy:thumbup:

7. Jacojs

Jacojs Thread Starter

Now I've gone and done it!!

Thank you Croaky, you just made me order a Reef Master Plus from Waterboy......do you have any idea how long it is before payday:svengo:

Screwed screwed screwed thats what I am, no other options but to have gotten this sooner or later I suppose and why not sooner than later. This by the way is the FIRST piece of equipment for my setup, I don't even have a tank yet!!! Sounds like they were priced fairly though plus they are running a special on the Reef Master Plus until Friday!! Phoned Marko just in time :thumbup:

Poiromaniax, elaborate a little please, we can drink the waste water???? Get more of it quicker?? Suppose you mean when DI resin filter is removed?

Please tell me that expenses won't be this much every month??

Jaco.

8. Jacojs

Jacojs Thread Starter

Sounds like a plan dude!! Thanks man. Definately will ask him to do the same. HALELUJA for small miracles, now the wife and the doggies and the beardie will benefit from this, and I will probably get away with only a small limp :)

Recent Posts