RO Unit

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Creep, 5 Feb 2010.

1. Creep

Creep Ernst

Hi Guys.

Ive moved into a new house last weekend and to my surprize there is a 2 stage RO Unit something I still needed for my setup.

But, The BIG But, is the previous owner told me there is a germ or a virus in the unit. Now what now? Wil this affect the all my creatures in my tank sould i start it with that RO Unit? Is a 2 Stage RO Unit suffiecient enough for a Reef Tank?

And another Question can I use a Borehole or rainwater collected in a drum and run it trough a RO Unit for my setup?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. mandarin

mandarin

Why don,t you just replace the filters. You need pressure for the RO unit, i don't think gravity feed will work that good, it will take ages to make RO water.
    Some units have a seperate pump on the top that you can connect to boost the pressure.;)

4. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

got a pic of the unit?

5. Creep

Creep Thread Starter Ernst

The previous owner said that he had already replaced the filters. If he had not told me that there was a virus I would not have known and used it. So I dont know how to tell if there is a virus. He replaced the filters and the virus is still in the unit.
    I dont know im only going with what he told me. I will load a picture later.

6. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

how would one know there is a virus in the water?

7. mandarin

mandarin

Do a water test at any branch that sells purification units, this is a hard one to swollow, :whistling: if there is a virus the previous guy connected it to a loo outlet or some other shit. my 2cent's

8. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

Take out the whole thing, take everything appart, disinfect and wash it out with some clean RO water and replace filter cartridges again

Recent Posts