RO questions

Reaction score
hi guys,

where can i get hold of huge plastic water drums/containers to store RO + mixed water (200l +)?

also, what's the best way to test if an RO machine actually works (i.e. with what can i test the water)?

thanks! :)

hi punk

i used to be in the water business in zimbabwe, to test the purity of the water , you can buy a water purity tester, looks like a pen. H2O might sell them or get hold of a company called aquathin - the agent is in jhb. sorry don't have his number. He will be able to supply a container to hold the water.

p.s the reader should read zero (0) for pure R.O water

There is a plastic moulding place in Strydom Park that makes the 200l drums, i`ll check the name for you as i only know how to get there.
TDS meters test the conductivity and are great little gadgets for determining the purity/need to replace membranes and pre-filters. The waterboy sells them.

Contact The Waterboy for all your RO needs incl testing apparatus. However I don't think he is on this sight anymore. Maybe try googling "The Waterboy"

What you're looking for is a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter. They don't ALL look like pens. 0 TDS would be "first prize" and you should be getting that with a new RO membrane but 0-10 would still be considered "good".

There is a plastic moulding place in Strydom Park that makes the 200l drums, i`ll check the name for you as i only know how to get there.
TDS meters test the conductivity and are great little gadgets for determining the purity/need to replace membranes and pre-filters. The waterboy sells them.
thanks! :)

agree.get the TDS meter from thewaterboy.im also using one,accurate results

Robin, any luck on the name of the plastic place?

try phoning a few meat processing companies in jhb, they all should 150L casing barrels to give away, a few might charge you R20 bucks or so

Hey dude welcome home. Do you have any numbers for Processing plants here in East London? If yes please PM me the details.

Back
Top Bottom