Ro/di

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm sure that has been asked and or talked about, but what RO/DI systems do you recommend, who sells them and are the going rates?

CameL

Clownfish
Reaction score
4 stage ro with DI Resin is probably the most recommended. Most of the sponsors will sell them, but @TheWaterboy is all about the water. They will sell for around R1500. If you have low water pressure and need a unit with a pump, you looking at around R3k if not more..

Last edited by a moderator:

Dexter

Wrasse
Reaction score
Almost all decent petstores these days sell them. Just have to phone around a bit.

prices vary....depends how big your wallett is, Do you want just a ro unit or do you want a unit with a pump?

Check out these websites....they will give you all the info you need.

Welcome to Water Tec
www.puritech.co.za

Dexter

Wrasse
Reaction score
Bought my unit from watertec last year december.....5 stage with pump and i didnt pay a arm and a leg.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I want a RO/DI system, but want to have an T with a tap after the RO part for personal drinking water. Also want to figure out how to have a line coming from my borehole, but that's besides the point. I also want one of those inline before after things that tell you the water is clean.

So before I start the reefing hobby, want a reliable RO/DI system.

Dexter

Wrasse
Reaction score
I think you are referring to a tds meter. Yes you get different ones. Can hook one up to your unit or you get stand alone ones.

Willie85

Shrimp
Reaction score
Il say a 4 stage is more then sufficient.
stage one - sediment filter
stage two - carbon filter
stage three - 50/70/100 gpd (gallons per day) membrane depends on how many water you need to purify.
stage four - DI resin

If you want to have drinking water install a t piece with a valve after the membrane and before the DI resin chamber.
But like Camel said get hold of @waterboy

;)

Christo

Cardinal
Reaction score
I want a RO/DI system, but want to have an T with a tap after the RO part for personal drinking water. Also want to figure out how to have a line coming from my borehole, but that's besides the point. I also want one of those inline before after things that tell you the water is clean.

So before I start the reefing hobby, want a reliable RO/DI system.

Like Some already said. Contact The Waterboy. I use his units and more than happy with them. Just one thing, Plumbing it to your bore hole will be a different story as your borehole water's TDS is Normaly higher than your Tap water!

Andre@ReefAquatics

Yellow Tang
Reaction score
Hi @Bakersman, we do the 100GPD (Gallon per day) 4 stage unit for R1650 (the secret is the membrane, we only do DOW Filmtec membranes) As a newbie we will chuck you in a handheld TDS meter (with a cool nice and accurate Thermometer) for FREEEEEE ....

Last edited by a moderator: