Rics for overgrowing rock

DSC05458.jpg

We don't seem to get them too often in this country, well not as many as we would like. No feeding required.

Viper is right we dont get them that often and when you do they are quite expensive.
I have a couple.

2727845430_5f94edca3f.jpg

2777968113_c397a0f21f.jpg

2821979855_cfbffe0e8e.jpg

The only downside is they are not fast growers. (I fragged one a month ago and the two frags are healing quickly. Buying a couple and fragging them could give you a lot of rics reasonably quickly.)

I bought these (below) a month or two ago and they have doubled in size and one split already. They are not ricordeas but they grow quickly and cover a large area.

2970142426_c8963316fb.jpg

That bottom pic is a rhodactis, about as welcome as aptasia, but more difficult to get rid of.

sean: Nice colourful rics (florida's) go for around R300 each. Ricordia Yuma's are abut R200 (thats the last price I was aware of). So if you're planning on something to "cover up your rocks" these aren't the right corals to do that. will be VERY expensive!

Rather go for tons of zoo's.

I have 7 different colour strains of ricordea. Although they grow slow they are spectacular- very rewarding! The biggest ricordea yuma i have seen measured nearly 15cm across!

If you say "slow growing", how slow you guys talking about?? And what is mazimum size??? I do not want to get a lot of them and then they "smother" the other coral, or will they grow at the tempo that zoos grow ???(to me, zoas grow verrry sssslowly)

Sean, ricordeas grow slower than zoantids in general. However they are some of the most colourfull corals around and very rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom