Resurrecting SA's OLDEST Marine Only Fish Club

Hi guys

Steve, I unfortunately have fallen ill with flu, I feel okay, but would not want to pass it onto any one. So, I will not be able to make it this evening. Please don't exclude me from the next one. I am quite dissapointed that I can't make it tonight.

I never got the mag, when you get a moment, could you please send me a copy. Thanks

Have fun,

Anytime from 17:30.
In case anyone gets lost.
Turn into Boshoff from Cape Road by the footbridge
Third right (by the church)
Stay on Van Riebeck until you see Townsend and turn right into Townsend (by another church)
Stay on Townsend until it ends as it turns to the left into Woolhope road and first right into Miranda Street
Second house on left

Last edited:
If he has to type a two page account of the goings on it will have to be his first contribution to the newsletter.
Basically we discussed the shortfalls of how AMAS was run previously, agreed that it should be run in the future less formally and more as a social club with irregular social meetings and collecting trips such as Tank tours in the various areas. I unsuccessfully tried to get someone else to be a chairman and there is no formal committee. Between myself and Richard we will sort out sending the newsletter by email and possibly post them on the forums. Richard also offered his services to help newer members in collecting trips.
Membership will be free.
The next meeting is provisionally a Tank Tour in Colleen Glen with a Braai afterwards, there are four members with tanks in that area. It will most likely take place around the end of October.
We are very grateful to Lyndon who donated 4 SPS frags for a raffle that raised R140.00 to go to the club funds.

We dived at Swartkops yesterday, water was pretty clean but a bit cool, saw an auriga/vaggie? It was stressed out a bit so was difficult to check and in an overhang.
Heard that three yellow boxies were caught last Saturday. I think it is getting good enough to organise an AMAS collecting social either next weekend or the following one.

I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom