Resun CL650 maintainance

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have filed (ie put in a very safe place) all the documentation that came with my chiller. I am having a problem with it in that the temperature it is displaying and operating at is incorrect (out by about 3C). What I am after is information on the maintainance of these chillers and any other advice/comments about this chiller.

I have the same unit , however my temp display died completely, I now just set it up or down as the tank needs

Hi Kanga, I am not too concerned about the display although it is a pain not being able to rely on it. What I am worried about is that the thermostat is also out.

Mhh are you having variations then ?

Starting to. The chiller keeps on kicking in and is starting to work overtime. Tank was running at 26C and is hanged at 24 or so before I switched the chiller off.

I was wondering it there may be some growth inside the pipework or something that is affecting the thermostat. Still have not got round to opening it up to take a look at where the thermostat is (inside or outside the pipes).

Starting to. The chiller keeps on kicking in and is starting to work overtime. Tank was running at 26C and is hanged at 24 or so before I switched the chiller off.

I was wondering it there may be some growth inside the pipework or something that is affecting the thermostat. Still have not got round to opening it up to take a look at where the thermostat is (inside or outside the pipes).

Let me know:p If you dont break it I will clean mine:lol:

i know alot of these chillers dont give you an accurate reading.monitor the temp readings using a normal (working) thermometer and then set the temperature according to the thermometer.....if im making any sense

in otherwords Mekaeel, you are saying that if the chiller is set to, lets say 28, and that is 26 in your tank. A consistent 28 on the chiller will give you a consistent 26 in your tank?

I would agree, thats the way I see it

I have the small 150 and it seems to be correct. Clinton sold me some of those digital thermometers and he got em check to see if they correct and my chiller is out by maybe .5 degree...

I wonder if running it on a controller would be a better idea?

Hi Mek,

I know that you cannot rely on the accuracy of the temp readout on the chiller and that you (often) have to use a correction factor. The temp readout on my chiller is currently set to kick in at 29C to correct for this. The problem that I have is that the chiller is now starting to kick in even if the water temp is OK.

Hi Mekaeel,

Sorry - I am obviously not explaining myself very well. The chiller is operating as usual in that the thermostat is kicking in when the water temp increases and shutting down when it cools. The problem is that, even though it is set to kick in at 27C (display temp on the chiller of 29C), it is now kicking in at a water temp a lot lower than that. This is what makes me think that the thermostatic switch is either faulty or (if it is in the piping) it has some growth on it. Hence my request for info on servicing.

Well opened it up and it is, without some serious dismantling of insulation, impossible to get to the thermostat. Checked inside the inlet and outlet and it looked fairly clean so I just flushed the system with lots of fresh waster and put it all back together. Will try running it again to see if that made any difference (although my system is sitting very happily at 26C without it at present). Otherwise anyone know who the agents are in SA?

Koi Country in PE I believe are the Agents for SA

Although I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom