Resun Cl650 chiller

Reaction score
Hi all,
Is there anyone else using a Resun CL650 chiller? I have one and find that the temperature control only seems accurate to aboput 1C.

hey kev i have one but havent run it long enough to answer your question.... its been in storage for about the last year......

hope you get some clarity.... les

I am running a CL300 and it seems to be about 2 degrees out, as in if I set it to come on at 25 it will only come on at 27, but the temperature measurement itself is pretty on par with my tunze temp controller.

The issue that I need some advice on is that, with the lack of sensitivity of the chiller thermostat, I am getting a continuos cycle where the chiller (set to 26.5C) kicks in and drops my tanks temp to about 25.5, then my heaters kick in to take the tank temperature back up to 26, which then causes the chiller to kick in again. I have tried widening the gap by setting the chiller to 27 and my heaters to 25 but this does not seem to help much and the temperature still seems to fluctuate between about 25.5 and 26.5. At the moment I am just running fish and soft corals but do want to start SPS once I am happy that the tank has settled. My concern is that this variation may be problematic. Is this a real concern?

Hi all,
Is there anyone else using a Resun CL650 chiller? I have one and find that the temperature control only seems accurate to aboput 1C.
Hi Kevin, i think most chillers operate at the one deg difference, if you set them at 26 then they swith on at 27 and off at 26. I know my AM operates the same way.

Hi Kevin, I have the same chiller and I have about a degree swing as well, what I have tried is to set the Chiller at 26.5 and the Heater at 27, that way this seems to help although it uses more power.

Great chiller though

The issue that I need some advice on is that, with the lack of sensitivity of the chiller thermostat, I am getting a continuos cycle where the chiller (set to 26.5C) kicks in and drops my tanks temp to about 25.5, then my heaters kick in to take the tank temperature back up to 26, which then causes the chiller to kick in again. I have tried widening the gap by setting the chiller to 27 and my heaters to 25 but this does not seem to help much and the temperature still seems to fluctuate between about 25.5 and 26.5. At the moment I am just running fish and soft corals but do want to start SPS once I am happy that the tank has settled. My concern is that this variation may be problematic. Is this a real concern?

I'd drop the temperature at which your heater need to come on at eg. maybe set it around 24°C and let the natural variation in the chiller settings determine yoru tank temperature.

That way the heater would be more of a back-up in case chiller drops temperature too much, rather than constantly "fighting" against the chiller.

Clinton

Chiller solution

I have a solution for your chiller temp variations. hee hee

See DIY chiller,
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/Benanna-2006/DIYChiller1.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l100/Benanna-2006/DIYChiller.jpg

I found this on an American website where a guy living in the Texas desert is using this. He claims the temperature during the day reaches 55 deg. C and his chiller is working very well.

Thought this was quite amusing, but quite a few people seem to be using it. If it is for cost saving, I don't see the point as you would still need to buy the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom