Resun auto feeder help

Reaction score
hi guys.
i am looking into getting one of these to look after my tank when i am away for a couple of days... are the 'safe and reliable' or are they a big no-no?
pls, some help with this would be most welcome!

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I have an auto feeder and it's a lifesaver, never given me a days trouble.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
OR - if you don't WANT anyone else to feed your fish, in the fear that they might over feed..... With the ReSun Auto-feeder you can set 4 feeding times (smaller amounts) during the day....

Reaction score
resun feeder help!

I saw this post, but I don't understand how you were able to program it without batteries inside? I have a feeder, batteries are in, the screen works and I can program it, the manual feed button works, but when the timers come around, nothing happens. I also don't understand how you can program it to go 8 times a day? Not that I want to, but I'm wondering what I'm missing here.

Reaction score
Hi Furbs I have Eheim Auto Feeder and works like a dream - 4 feedings per day and feeds flakes and granules so its lekker gadget to have especially if you have some dusk feeders in your tank - also any tank mates that are too slow to get food when the big boys are out get a chance to eat in peace when these greedy buggers are asleep! Sorry BTW Mek what did you pay for the Resun's - Thanx

Reaction score
I saw this post, but I don't understand how you were able to program it without batteries inside? I have a feeder, batteries are in, the screen works and I can program it, the manual feed button works, but when the timers come around, nothing happens. I also don't understand how you can program it to go 8 times a day? Not that I want to, but I'm wondering what I'm missing here.
Hi Betty

What you have to do is when you set the feeding timer you still need to select how many rotations the food capsule will do. There is an option of 1 or 2 rotations. Mine fell into the tank yesterday so its a little fried:whistling: but I think if I'm not mistaken you have to press Set, the Mode to get to the feeding time then Mode again until the small 1 appears on the top left of the screen then you need to press Adjust. At that point a little downward arrow will appear, this signals how many feeds (can be one or two arrows). I hope I got it right. A little bit of fiddling should get you there. Or learn Chinese.:p

Reaction score
Geez you mean it went up so much within two years...that sucks...
Just kidding I think hey retail for about R600/800 now but still that 100% extra per year!