Replacing Glass on tank

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Albert Terego, 19 Nov 2012.

1. Albert Terego

Albert Terego

Hi All,

I have a 70cm cube - front and side glass got scratched (on inside) and it looks K@K when the algae grows in cracks. Also difficult to clean.

If I want to get the glass replaced a) what is the best method, and b) who would you recommend I approach for quotes.

I know I'll have to empty the tank and put the livestock in containers. Would there be any builders that do housecalls to do this type of work and how long would it take to do?

I would also like 2 holes drilled on the back pane and the existing 2 holes covered up.

Could this also be done at the same time?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viskop kenny

viskop kenny

Idol marine will help u pritty quickly its very very costly to get them to do a call out if possible the tank should be taken there! Otherwise diy could be a possible and cheaper option

4. Albert Terego

Albert Terego Thread Starter

DIY is not an option for me :(

My skills are VERY limited in this area.

5. Albert Terego

Albert Terego Thread Starter

Would draining the tank and polishing the scratches be an option? I somehow don't think so because they are quite deep and long?

Recent Posts