Removing lid from my Buyo TL550

Roy

Reaction score
HI guys

I have an electrical problem with the lighting in the lid of my Buyo TL550 and need to remove it completely to sort out as I am tired of dropping the screws into the tank. addidtonally i dont want to fry my fish or myself while working on the electricty.

So any tips etc on removing the lid completly would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I havent removed mine in a long time but it has a system where it just unhookes, fiddle around with it - if you have it folded up(open) just pull it upwards I think

Roy

Reaction score
I havent removed mine in a long time but it has a system where it just unhookes, fiddle around with it - if you have it folded up(open) just pull it upwards I think

I see there are 4 srews holding the hinges in place but I did not want to force anything.

when you say "have it folded up(open)" do you mean tilted up or slid off the back of the tank?

Reaction score
Okay sorry for the hasty reply - let me explain - I bought mine 2nd hand and when I have it open(not slid back, tilted open) and I pull it up(towards the roof) it comes of (I think) I'm not at home but I'll make sure this afternoon, will let you know!