Removing Fanworms

Reaction score
Ok, these things are getting out of control now. They take up the glass as white little creatures which is fine, i liked it at first. But later they become this big brown ball almost looking like hair, then float about or sink to the bottom of the tank and accumulate in numbers all over my reef. It is aesthetically unapleasing. Effective control methods please.

Storm post some pics. Maybe that will help.

Not Tubeworms, Fanworms. And anyways im scrubbing my reef clean today, they must go.

Yea thats it... Not precise but basically the same. They form clustered balls +/- 2-3cm then still pile up into bigger balls, its driving me mad. They must go...

do you have a sump? move them into it if you can. they only go wild when your PO4 or/and NO3 readings rise. i hardly have any left in my sump when i add new anti phos.

Yea don't worry theyve overrun the sump, I put a light in there 24/7 to try and get them to breed down there instead of my display.

post your PO4 and NO3 readings if you can. if you want to remove them use a blade from a stanly knife and just chuck them in the sump. i think my long nose butterfly fish chows mine.

Calvin they can grow in my sump, as for my display "I do NOT want to see them" They really mess up a Reef, if u had these in your reef u would understand what i meen when they fall in balls all over the substrate and rocks and understand my predicament. I understand there filtration value but DAMB they are ugly to look at in numbers.

I can get a 15cm Auragi or Racoon if need be, but im scared for my corals...

Shouldn't be, if you have as many worms as stated it sounds like the fish will be at work for a long time :)

lolz its fine, I scrubbed my reef clean off them this afternoon. Looks so much better and clearner I can cry... sniff*

Back
Top Bottom